Just joined

calcmandan

Just joined

Postby calcmandan » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:58 am

Hi community,

I just joined this forum after a few months of casual lurking. My purpose here is to learn about microcontrollers and relearn long lost programming skills.

Im not really a maker in any sense, but I hope the influence and experience of the geniuses in here will help in that regard. Im here because I got tired of failing to find someone to design a project for me that takes more than an hour of work. I hope to learn what I need to design my project and commit it. And maybe the experience I garrner from this project will spawn future projects.

I also hope to make some friends while Im at it.

I initially looked at the arduino line of mcu's until an online buddy heard my requirements and suggested the esp32. Im glad he did, what a capable piece of tech.

A bit about me. I work for the government ensconced deeply in networking. Over the last few years Ive been injected into cloud computing initiated from a major cloud migration at my office. It has been a super time learning palo alto and F5 tech while maintaining my normal M&O tasks with IDS and proxy systems. On the personal side, I have a passion witih aviation, cooking, retrocomputing, and endless youtube crunching. Ive been married seventeen years and live in a comfortable house in northern california.

That's it for now,

ESP_Sprite

Re: Just joined

Postby ESP_Sprite » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:04 am

Welcome! Introductions are generally not much of a thing on this forum, generally people ask a question and either disappear after it's been handled or if they like it they informally stick around to help others as well, so it's kinda refreshing to read an official introduction post :)

bidrohini

Postby bidrohini » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:26 pm

Good to see you. I have just joined to.

calcmandan

Postby calcmandan » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:41 am

ESP_Sprite wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:04 am
Welcome! Introductions are generally not much of a thing on this forum, generally people ask a question and either disappear after it's been handled or if they like it they informally stick around to help others as well, so it's kinda refreshing to read an official introduction post :)
Hey thanks. From the earliest days of forums, I've always seen an intro post as a tradition. In some forums, it's required.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome. And I already have questions.