PCB design of ESP32

andrea05256

PCB design of ESP32

Postby andrea05256 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:52 pm

Hi,

I have completed a prototype using the ESP32 board. The prototype is working fine and now I want to design a product out of it. & for that, I am thinking of designing a custom PCB board for the ESP32 module.

The ESP32 development board I am using has many extra features which I don't want to include in my product. For example: it has multiple capacitive touch pins and I just want a single Pin, so I am thinking of removing all others. There are many other such features, plus I want to reduce the overall size of my final PCB.

So, can someone please help me with the PCB design of ESP32? Send me some links to download the Gerber files of esp32.

Moreover, I am thinking of using flexible PCB, idea is to design the ESP32 board on rigid PCB, while the third party modules will be connected via flexible PCB. So, overall it will be a rigid flex design. It would be better or should I go with completely rigid design?

Thanks.

rpiloverbd

Re: PCB design of ESP32

Postby rpiloverbd » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:48 am

Here is a video tutorial on designing and fabrication of a customized PCB of ESp32. It has used EasyEda. It may give you some guideline: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvRPu1jyVA
Rigid-flex PCB is very costly compared to rigid PCB. I stick to rigid PCB as much as possible to save money. If money is not a problem, yeah you can go for flex PCB. I think you'd better contact https://www.pcbway.com/design-services.html
They can give you a proper guideline regarding the improvement of your design and a proper cost estimation before they proceed to manufacture your PCB.

andrea05256

Re: PCB design of ESP32

Postby andrea05256 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:43 pm

Yeah, I have seen these online PCB companies, and I think that's the best option for PCB designing. I will check out this PCBWay site.

I have also concluded that cost is an issue when you go for flexible PCB. Its quite expensive as compared to rigid but I think I have to use flexible because of small space.