Flash button on ESP-CAM is not working

ricardh

Flash button on ESP-CAM is not working

Postby ricardh » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:47 pm

I'm working on creating a daughter board for the ESP-CAM which has the power system and some peripherals. Below I've included the schematic of the daughter board (hopefully readable). Also a schematic of the ESP-CAM board for reference. Well as the title says the button to reset the chip so it can be flashed is not working. The ESP-CAM has an LED that should indicate when the button has been pushed but currently the LED is constantly on and is dimmed when the button is pressed. Looking at the ESP-CAM schematic I can't figure out how the LED is tied to the button unless through the chip. The only lines/pins related to the LED and button are HS2_DATA1 and E32_RST respectively. Also I'm aware pin IO0 and GND need to be tied to flash and I've done that. When they are not tied and IO0 is left floating, the LED is turned off and the button turns it on but no reset for flashing. I'm completely lost on how to proceed. I'm thinking maybe there is a short somewhere or maybe I wired the peripherals incorrectly. Any advice, extra information, or answer is welcomed. Thank you.

PCB_Final_Schematic.JPG
PCB_Final_Schematic.JPG (184.02 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
ESP32-CAM-schematic-diagram.png
ESP32-CAM-schematic-diagram.png (199.33 KiB) Viewed 1099 times