First boot Access Point

eccessivo

First boot Access Point

Postby eccessivo » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:15 pm

I was wondering if anyone can tell me , what is preloaded on the esp32 wroom 32 at the first boot.
I have seen that on the first boot ESP32 create an access point with the name "ESP_XXXX". The AP is open, you can connect and you receive a valid IP and configuration , but this is all. If i connect the 192.168.4.1 i get connection refused. So what is the meaning of this AP? can be used To perform an OTA. Please Help i am confused, btw removing the need of a first serial programming is very interesting.

ESP_Minatel

Re: First boot Access Point

Postby ESP_Minatel » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:09 pm

Hi,

This depends a lot. If you have an Espressif module from the factory, then you have no firmware pre-loaded. This could be customized in large quantities, but you need to contact sales directly for a more detailed answer.

But you have many different vendors that ship their development boards with a pre-loaded firmware. Sometimes there is pre-loaded firmware but just for factoring testing purpose or with a demo firmware to show some capabilities/feature.

eccessivo

Postby eccessivo » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:34 pm

Thank you for this answer, the module i have tried wroom 32D and wroom 32E standalone modules bought from Mouser and Digikey. Maybe this info can clarify. So , if i understand correctly , there is no way to flash the first firmware by wifi, i always need a programmer?

Michalpu

Postby Michalpu » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:31 pm

I think there isin't any option to do it by wifi
Content creator at https://911electronic.com