ESP32 PICO KIT V4 booting problem

HerbieDel

ESP32 PICO KIT V4 booting problem

Postby HerbieDel » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:22 pm

I'm using an ESP32-PICO-KIT-V4 who's starting normal after uploading my code and executes the code! The ESP32 is connected to my PC with an USB -type c cable. When I disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it again, the ESP32 doesn't reboot. I have to use the RESET button to reboot the device.
When I connect the Device with an USB cable connected to an USB power Source, the device doesn't start and I have to use the reset button again!
Is this a normal behaviour ?
This is very anouing, because I want to use the PICO ESP32 as Home Alarm, with independed battery power 5V! In case of power fall the device will not startup again after repowering !

becorey

Re: ESP32 PICO KIT V4 booting problem

Postby becorey » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:23 am

Are you sure it isn't restarting, do you have blinking led's or something you can verify?
Plugging in usb for a serial connection, then needing to restart to get a serial terminal working, that would be normal. But you said it isn't starting with a usb power supply, that's abnormal, which I why I asked how you're verifying it didn't boot.

You could try adding 1uF from CHIP_PU to GND, delay the boot a little bit and ensure the voltage supply came up.

ujurmsde

Postby ujurmsde » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:48 am

Hi,

Is this thread still alive? Did you find the solution?

I have the same problem with Pico Kit v4 as the original poster of this thread.

My Pico kit does a normal job when a sketch is uploaded to the board but when I disconnect the board and power it again with a USB cable I have to press the EN button to restart the function.

While there is a similar issue with other boards like it is mentioned in the following post, there is a solution to remove c15 connection 8-)
https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/issues/1471

Is there something similar with Pico boards?

HerbieDel

Postby HerbieDel » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:15 pm

Tot op heden nog GEEN oplossing gevonden voor het opstart probleem