BLE mesh lpn mode with deep sleep

mishafarms

BLE mesh lpn mode with deep sleep

Postby mishafarms » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:28 pm

I would like to use the ESP as a low power node in a BLE Mesh. But I want to use as little power as possible. So I was thinking that the chip could go into deep sleep mode for a while, then wake up and talk to it's friend node, getting any messages that were sent to it. Do some things it needs to do (like sampling the temp) and then when it was done with all required tasks, Go back to deep sleep mode.

Is this possible? Is there some callback that I can register with that will tell me that the node has done all the BLE mesh things it needs to do and is ready to go back into low power mode?

Is there anything I api commands I should do before going into deep sleep?

Would I have to do anything other then save the mesh provisioning by enabling "Store BLE configuration persistantly"?

Also what is the maximum number of LPN nodes that a friend node can support on a Wrover module?
Example would be a generic ON/OFF server LPN node, that got a turn on message once every 3 days. I was hoping to put the LPN to sleep for 1-10 minute(s) and then wake up for just long enough to check in with the friend (how long would this take?).

Michael

chegewara

Re: BLE mesh lpn mode with deep sleep

Postby chegewara » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:21 pm

mishafarms wrote: I would like to use the ESP as a low power node in a BLE Mesh. But I want to use as little power as possible. So I was thinking that the chip could go into deep sleep mode for a while, then wake up and talk to it's friend node, getting any messages that were sent to it. Do some things it needs to do (like sampling the temp) and then when it was done with all required tasks, Go back to deep sleep mode.
This is how its meant to be.
I cant help you with other questions because i didnt work with lpn yet.

mishafarms

Re: BLE mesh lpn mode with deep sleep

Postby mishafarms » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:35 pm

It seems that all it does now is to turn off the BT radio to reduce power, not go to deep sleep.

Michael