ESP32 Connect with ANCS?

Nagup14

ESP32 Connect with ANCS?

Postby Nagup14 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:24 pm

I am working on a project, this project is a HUD/HMD like google glass. I want to get the esp32 to connect to the ANCS BLE services. I understand the ESP32 needs to "announce" that it is looking for specific characteristics/services then the ESP32 can connect to them. I also think it needs to verify/send a pass code with the phone but I'm not sure

I want help understanding the steps in getting an ESP32 to connect to ANCS. I am a beginner with Bluetooth and programming but I should be able to research things well enough to understand them so any help is greatly appreciated.

I'd also appreciate any links to similar topics involving ANCS. (I tried searching "ANCS" but no results"

Thank you in advance

chegewara

Re: ESP32 Connect with ANCS?

Postby chegewara » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:10 pm

This is a little bit old code, wont work with current esp-idf or arduino, but its good start to study case:
https://github.com/S-March/esp32_ANCS

Nagup14

Postby Nagup14 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:02 pm

Thank you very much for replying,

I think I saw a github thread where you and some other people were discussing this code.

I would like to upload it to my esp32, however I get an error that goes like this 'm_remoteBda' is not a member of 'BLEDevice' not sure what this means, I know you said it won't work but maybe you can help me get it to work. I want to upload it so I can get a better understanding of how ANCS works and what data it sends out. I tried the example in arduino IDE called BLEclient, changed the service and characteristic UUID's to the ones Apple provided and nothing happened in the serial monitor.

I think this is because iOS waits for a client to "ask" for a service to save power or something? I'm not sure but from my research it seems so. I don't know if the problem is because the example isn't "asking" or if the example is completely the wrong one to use.

So I'm very confused now, what seemed like an easy task has become quite difficult for me.

chegewara

Postby chegewara » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:21 pm

Nagup14

Postby Nagup14 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:26 pm

Much appreciated,

I'll search around on how to use this example