Claiming Failed with error:

rmetzner49

Claiming Failed with error:

Postby rmetzner49 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:13 pm

This is new, and probably because I cannot REMOVE a device from the dashboard. I now have only ONE device active in my phone app, but this new message above is followed by "User does not have available quota. Please contact Administrator."

I'm guessing I have one working and 4 failed attempts. SO my quota is 5 devices?

ESP_Piyush

Re: Claiming Failed with error:

Postby ESP_Piyush » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:57 am

The claiming quota is linked to the number of unique mac address + user id combinations. If you claim the same board multiple times from the same account, it counts as just 1 in terms of quota. In order to get the quota increased, please send an email to esp-rainmaker-admin@espressif.com from your registered email.

rmetzner49

Postby rmetzner49 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:33 pm

Thank you. Perhaps the Admin can also REMOVE unwanted Claims? I have 5 showing up but have only 3 working ESP32's.

Is it reasonable to DELETE Claims that are tied to FAILED units thrown in the trash? I'm working on a Custom PCB of my design, and occasionally a test lead might flop onto 12VDC. The ESP doesn't like that very much and runs very hot, so I know it's hosed. I'm sure I can provide a list of MAC addresses that are trashed.

Regards,
Bob M.

ESP_Piyush

Postby ESP_Piyush » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:15 am

Hello,

Earlier, we were using a different method of certificate registration, which could make node deletion inconsistent depending on whether a claimed device had actually connected to MQTT Broker or not. That is the reason why we had not kept an option to delete a node. However, now that we have moved on to a newer method of registration, node deletion could be easier and will be supported eventually. It would still be a lower priority task compared to the other work that's going on. Increasing the quota would be an easier option for us for the time being :)

Regards,
Piyush