Unable to access custom ESP32 over Serial/USB

sergiomarina

Re: Unable to access custom ESP32 over Serial/USB

Postby sergiomarina » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:00 pm

Hello ESP_Sprite,
thank you for the reply where I agree with most of points you rose. I just want to add that having a testing procedure does not mean to test every component. There are many ways to carry out testing.
The sentence "it must be possible to test every electronic component before mounting into a finished product" is reasonable and correct.

I think a document like "https://www.espressif.com/sites/default ... de__EN.pdf" gives a strong help in handling the ESP32 module. A similar document is aimed to easily deal with basic classified cases. and related exit strategy.
Right now I have again changed the EN pull up resistor (270ohm) and capacitor (120nf) among dozens of combinations (I think it was a push button reset that burned my potmeter) and, again, I'm testing stability. (and no pull-up on IO0)

Furthermore, reading your helpful hints I recognize that a test guide would give a clear/common base among Espressif and Customers.
As per your hints the procedure must be simple, non-invasive and repeatable.
I believe a solution in this direction is possible. It does give immeasurable help.Thank you in advance