Can't compile AT firmware

Aeroman66

Can't compile AT firmware

Postby Aeroman66 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:41 pm

Hello,

I'm having lots of trouble trying to compile the AT firmware in order to use the A2DP commands with a ESP32 WROOM board.
My computer is a Windows 10 machine, and after following the procedure at https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... le_it.html , I had the first failure on the log below, that I found to be related to the IDF_PATH variable being set, so I've delete it and after trying to compile again, I got lots of double definitions errors.
There was a previous idf installation, that was used to thest the A2DP example, but it was uninstalled previously. I've reinstalled idf and everything went fine up to the project configuration part, with menuconfig, but unfortunately I was not able to build it
Can you help me to make this work? The log output is listed below...

Thanks in advance,

Setting PYTHONNOUSERSITE, was not set
Using Python in C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\python_env\idf4.3_py3.8_env\Scripts\
Python 3.8.7
Using Git in C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\tools\idf-git\2.30.1\cmd\
git version 2.30.1.windows.1
Setting IDF_PATH: C:\Work\Nodemcu\esp\esp-idf

Adding ESP-IDF tools to PATH...
C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp-2021r1-8.4.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin
C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32s2-elf\esp-2021r1-8.4.0\xtensa-esp32s2-elf\bin
C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32s3-elf\esp-2021r1-8.4.0\xtensa-esp32s3-elf\bin
C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\tools\riscv32-esp-elf\esp-2021r1-8.4.0\riscv32-esp-elf\bin
C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\tools\esp32ulp-elf\2.28.51-esp-20191205\esp32ulp-elf-binutils\bin
C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\tools\esp32s2ulp-elf\2.28.51-esp-20191205\esp32s2ulp-elf-binutils\bin
C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\tools\cmake\3.16.4\bin
C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\tools\openocd-esp32\v0.10.0-esp32-20210401\openocd-esp32\bin
C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\tools\ninja\1.10.2\
C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\tools\idf-exe\1.0.1\
C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\tools\ccache\3.7\
C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\tools\dfu-util\0.9\dfu-util-0.9-win64
C:\Work\Nodemcu\esp\esp-idf\tools

Checking if Python packages are up to date...
Python requirements from C:\Work\Nodemcu\esp\esp-idf\requirements.txt are satisfied.

Done! You can now compile ESP-IDF projects.
Go to the project directory and run:

idf.py build

C:\Work\Nodemcu\esp\esp-idf>cd esp-at

C:\Work\Nodemcu\esp\esp-idf\esp-at>python build.py build
module_name WROOM-32
platform_name=ESP32,module_name=WROOM-32
WARNING: IDF_PATH environment variable is set to c:\work\nodemcu\esp\esp-idf but esp-idf\tools\idf.py path indicates IDF directory c:\work\nodemcu\esp\esp-idf\esp-at\esp-idf. Using the environment variable directory, but results may be unexpected...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "esp-idf\tools\idf.py", line 794, in <module>
main()
File "esp-idf\tools\idf.py", line 711, in main
cli = init_cli(verbose_output=checks_output)
File "esp-idf\tools\idf.py", line 669, in init_cli
extensions.append((name, import_module(name)))
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 783, in exec_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
File "c:\work\nodemcu\esp\esp-idf\tools\idf_py_actions\core_ext.py", line 8, in <module>
from idf_py_actions.constants import GENERATORS, PREVIEW_TARGETS, SUPPORTED_TARGETS
ImportError: cannot import name 'PREVIEW_TARGETS' from 'idf_py_actions.constants' (C:\Work\Nodemcu\esp\esp-idf\esp-at\esp-idf\tools\idf_py_actions\constants.py)
idf.py build ret: 1
idf.py build failed

C:\Work\Nodemcu\esp\esp-idf\esp-at>set IDF_PATH=

C:\Work\Nodemcu\esp\esp-idf\esp-at>python build.py build
module_name WROOM-32
platform_name=ESP32,module_name=WROOM-32
Setting IDF_PATH environment variable: c:\work\nodemcu\esp\esp-idf\esp-at\esp-idf
Executing action: all (aliases: build)
Running ninja in directory c:\work\nodemcu\esp\esp-idf\esp-at\build
Executing "ninja all"...
[3/1098] Building C object esp-idf/mbedtls/mbedtls/library/CMakeFiles/mbedcrypto.dir/__/__/port/esp32/bignum.c.obj
FAILED: esp-idf/mbedtls/mbedtls/library/CMakeFiles/mbedcrypto.dir/__/__/port/esp32/bignum.c.obj
ccache C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp-2021r1-8.4.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe -DMBEDTLS_CONFIG_FILE=\"mbedtls/esp_config.h\" -Iconfig -I../esp-idf/components/mbedtls/port/include -I../esp-idf/components/mbedtls/mbedtls/include -I../esp-idf/components/newlib/platform_include -I../esp-idf/components/freertos/include -I../esp-idf/components/freertos/xtensa/include -I../esp-idf/components/heap/include -I../esp-idf/components/log/include -I../esp-idf/components/lwip/include/apps -I../esp-idf/components/lwip/include/apps/sntp -I../esp-idf/components/lwip/lwip/src/include -I../esp-idf/components/lwip/port/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/lwip/port/esp32/include/arch -I../esp-idf/components/lwip/port/esp32/tcp_isn -I../esp-idf/components/soc/src/esp32/. -I../esp-idf/components/soc/src/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/soc/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_rom/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_rom/esp32 -I../esp-idf/components/esp_common/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_system/include -I../esp-idf/components/xtensa/include -I../esp-idf/components/xtensa/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/driver/include -I../esp-idf/components/driver/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_ringbuf/include -I../esp-idf/components/efuse/include -I../esp-idf/components/efuse/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/espcoredump/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_timer/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_ipc/include -I../esp-idf/components/soc/soc/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/soc/soc/esp32/../include -I../esp-idf/components/soc/soc/esp32/private_include -I../esp-idf/components/vfs/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_wifi/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_wifi/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_event/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_netif/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_eth/include -I../esp-idf/components/tcpip_adapter/include -I../esp-idf/components/app_trace/include -mlongcalls -Wno-frame-address -Wall -Wextra -W -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wwrite-strings -Wlogical-op -Wshadow -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -DESP_AT_PROJECT_COMMIT_ID=\"786c0e6\" -D FALLBACK_DNS_SERVER_ADDRESS(p)=ipaddr_aton(\"8.8.8.8\",(p)); -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fstrict-volatile-bitfields -Wall -Werror=all -Wno-error=unused-function -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -Wno-error=unused-variable -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-sign-compare -ggdb -Og -std=gnu99 -Wno-old-style-declaration -D_GNU_SOURCE -DIDF_VER=\"v4.2.2-331-g5595042c16\" -DESP_PLATFORM -MD -MT esp-idf/mbedtls/mbedtls/library/CMakeFiles/mbedcrypto.dir/__/__/port/esp32/bignum.c.obj -MF esp-idf\mbedtls\mbedtls\library\CMakeFiles\mbedcrypto.dir\__\__\port\esp32\bignum.c.obj.d -o esp-idf/mbedtls/mbedtls/library/CMakeFiles/mbedcrypto.dir/__/__/port/esp32/bignum.c.obj -c ../esp-idf/components/mbedtls/port/esp32/bignum.c
../esp-idf/components/mbedtls/port/esp32/bignum.c:31:8: error: unknown type name '_lock_t'
static _lock_t mpi_lock;
^~~~~~~
../esp-idf/components/mbedtls/port/esp32/bignum.c: In function 'esp_mpi_enable_hardware_hw_op':
../esp-idf/components/mbedtls/port/esp32/bignum.c:44:5: error: implicit declaration of function '_lock_acquire' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
_lock_acquire(&mpi_lock);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
../esp-idf/components/mbedtls/port/esp32/bignum.c: In function 'esp_mpi_disable_hardware_hw_op':
../esp-idf/components/mbedtls/port/esp32/bignum.c:62:5: error: implicit declaration of function '_lock_release'; did you mean '__sync_lock_release'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
_lock_release(&mpi_lock);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
__sync_lock_release
cc1.exe: some warnings being treated as errors
[4/1098] Building C object esp-idf/efuse/CMakeFiles/__idf_efuse.dir/src/esp_efuse_api.c.obj
FAILED: esp-idf/efuse/CMakeFiles/__idf_efuse.dir/src/esp_efuse_api.c.obj
ccache C:\Work\Nodemcu\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp-2021r1-8.4.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe -Iconfig -I../esp-idf/components/efuse/include -I../esp-idf/components/efuse/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/efuse/private_include -I../esp-idf/components/newlib/platform_include -I../esp-idf/components/freertos/include -I../esp-idf/components/freertos/xtensa/include -I../esp-idf/components/heap/include -I../esp-idf/components/log/include -I../esp-idf/components/lwip/include/apps -I../esp-idf/components/lwip/include/apps/sntp -I../esp-idf/components/lwip/lwip/src/include -I../esp-idf/components/lwip/port/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/lwip/port/esp32/include/arch -I../esp-idf/components/lwip/port/esp32/tcp_isn -I../esp-idf/components/soc/src/esp32/. -I../esp-idf/components/soc/src/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/soc/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_rom/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_rom/esp32 -I../esp-idf/components/esp_common/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_system/include -I../esp-idf/components/xtensa/include -I../esp-idf/components/xtensa/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/driver/include -I../esp-idf/components/driver/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_ringbuf/include -I../esp-idf/components/espcoredump/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_timer/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_ipc/include -I../esp-idf/components/soc/soc/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/soc/soc/esp32/../include -I../esp-idf/components/soc/soc/esp32/private_include -I../esp-idf/components/vfs/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_wifi/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_wifi/esp32/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_event/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_netif/include -I../esp-idf/components/esp_eth/include -I../esp-idf/components/tcpip_adapter/include -I../esp-idf/components/app_trace/include -I../esp-idf/components/bootloader_support/include -I../esp-idf/components/spi_flash/include -mlongcalls -Wno-frame-address -DESP_AT_PROJECT_COMMIT_ID=\"786c0e6\" -D FALLBACK_DNS_SERVER_ADDRESS(p)=ipaddr_aton(\"8.8.8.8\",(p)); -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fstrict-volatile-bitfields -Wall -Werror=all -Wno-error=unused-function -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -Wno-error=unused-variable -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-sign-compare -ggdb -Og -std=gnu99 -Wno-old-style-declaration -D_GNU_SOURCE -DIDF_VER=\"v4.2.2-331-g5595042c16\" -DESP_PLATFORM -MD -MT esp-idf/efuse/CMakeFiles/__idf_efuse.dir/src/esp_efuse_api.c.obj -MF esp-idf\efuse\CMakeFiles\__idf_efuse.dir\src\esp_efuse_api.c.obj.d -o esp-idf/efuse/CMakeFiles/__idf_efuse.dir/src/esp_efuse_api.c.obj -c ../esp-idf/components/efuse/src/esp_efuse_api.c
../esp-idf/components/efuse/src/esp_efuse_api.c:31:8: error: unknown type name '_lock_t'
static _lock_t s_efuse_lock;
^~~~~~~
../esp-idf/components/efuse/src/esp_efuse_api.c: In function 'esp_efuse_read_field_blob':
../esp-idf/components/efuse/src/esp_efuse_api.c:32:30: error: implicit declaration of function '_lock_acquire' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
#define EFUSE_LOCK_ACQUIRE() _lock_acquire(&s_efuse_lock)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
../esp-idf/components/efuse/src/esp_efuse_api.c:45:5: note: in expansion of macro 'EFUSE_LOCK_ACQUIRE'
EFUSE_LOCK_ACQUIRE();
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../esp-idf/components/efuse/src/esp_efuse_api.c:33:30: error: implicit declaration of function '_lock_release'; did you mean '__sync_lock_release'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
#define EFUSE_LOCK_RELEASE() _lock_release(&s_efuse_lock)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
../esp-idf/components/efuse/src/esp_efuse_api.c:53:5: note: in expansion of macro 'EFUSE_LOCK_RELEASE'
EFUSE_LOCK_RELEASE();
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../esp-idf/components/efuse/src/esp_efuse_api.c: In function 'esp_efuse_write_field_blob':
../esp-idf/components/efuse/src/esp_efuse_api.c:34:40: error: implicit declaration of function '_lock_acquire_recursive'; did you mean '__retarget_lock_acquire_recursive'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
#define EFUSE_LOCK_ACQUIRE_RUCURSIVE() _lock_acquire_recursive(&s_efuse_lock)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../esp-idf/components/efuse/src/esp_efuse_api.c:83:5: note: in expansion of macro 'EFUSE_LOCK_ACQUIRE_RUCURSIVE'
EFUSE_LOCK_ACQUIRE_RUCURSIVE();
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../esp-idf/components/efuse/src/esp_efuse_api.c:35:40: error: implicit declaration of function '_lock_release_recursive'; did you mean '__retarget_lock_release_recursive'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
#define EFUSE_LOCK_RELEASE_RUCURSIVE() _lock_release_recursive(&s_efuse_lock)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../esp-idf/components/efuse/src/esp_efuse_api.c:103:5: note: in expansion of macro 'EFUSE_LOCK_RELEASE_RUCURSIVE'
EFUSE_LOCK_RELEASE_RUCURSIVE();
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1.exe: some warnings being treated as errors
[9/1098] Building C object esp-idf/wpa_supplicant/CMakeFiles/__idf_wpa_supplicant.dir/src/esp_supplicant/esp_hostap.c.obj
In file included from ../esp-idf/components/lwip/port/esp32/include/lwipopts.h:36,
from ../esp-idf/components/lwip/lwip/src/include/lwip/opt.h:51,
from ../esp-idf/components/lwip/lwip/src/include/lwip/ip_addr.h:40,
from ../esp-idf/components/tcpip_adapter/include/tcpip_adapter_types.h:18,
from ../esp-idf/components/tcpip_adapter/include/tcpip_adapter.h:24,
from ../esp-idf/components/esp_netif/include/esp_netif.h:35,
from ../esp-idf/components/esp_event/include/esp_event_legacy.h:22,
from ../esp-idf/components/esp_event/include/esp_event.h:26,
from ../esp-idf/components/esp_wifi/include/esp_wifi.h:64,
from ../esp-idf/components/wpa_supplicant/src/esp_supplicant/esp_wifi_driver.h:19,
from ../esp-idf/components/wpa_supplicant/src/esp_supplicant/esp_hostap.c:26:
../esp-idf/components/newlib/platform_include/time.h:25: warning: "CLOCK_MONOTONIC" redefined
#define CLOCK_MONOTONIC (clockid_t)4

In file included from ../esp-idf/components/newlib/platform_include/time.h:22,
from ../esp-idf/components/lwip/port/esp32/include/lwipopts.h:36,
from ../esp-idf/components/wpa_supplicant/src/esp_supplicant/esp_wifi_driver.h:19,
c:\work\nodemcu\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp-2021r1-8.4.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\xtensa-esp32-elf\sys-include\time.h:293: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define CLOCK_MONOTONIC ((clockid_t) 4)

In file included from ../esp-idf/components/lwip/port/esp32/include/lwipopts.h:36,
../esp-idf/components/newlib/platform_include/time.h:26: warning: "CLOCK_BOOTTIME" redefined
#define CLOCK_BOOTTIME (clockid_t)4

c:\work\nodemcu\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp-2021r1-8.4.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\xtensa-esp32-elf\sys-include\time.h:303: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define CLOCK_BOOTTIME ((clockid_t) 7)

[10/1098] Building C object esp-idf/wpa_supplicant/CMakeFiles/__idf_wpa_supplicant.dir/src/esp_supplicant/esp_wpa2.c.obj
from ../esp-idf/components/wpa_supplicant/src/esp_supplicant/esp_wpa2.c:45:
../esp-idf/components/newlib/platform_include/time.h:25: warning: "CLOCK_MONOTONIC" redefined
#define CLOCK_MONOTONIC (clockid_t)4

c:\work\nodemcu\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp-2021r1-8.4.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\xtensa-esp32-elf\sys-include\time.h:293: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define CLOCK_MONOTONIC ((clockid_t) 4)

../esp-idf/components/newlib/platform_include/time.h:26: warning: "CLOCK_BOOTTIME" redefined
#define CLOCK_BOOTTIME (clockid_t)4

c:\work\nodemcu\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp-2021r1-8.4.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\xtensa-esp32-elf\sys-include\time.h:303: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define CLOCK_BOOTTIME ((clockid_t) 7)

[12/1098] Performing configure step for 'bootloader'
-- Found Git: C:/Work/Nodemcu/.espressif/tools/idf-git/2.30.1/cmd/git.exe (found version "2.30.1.windows.1")
-- The C compiler identification is GNU 8.4.0
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 8.4.0
-- The ASM compiler identification is GNU
-- Found assembler: C:/Work/Nodemcu/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/esp-2021r1-8.4.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Work/Nodemcu/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/esp-2021r1-8.4.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Work/Nodemcu/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/esp-2021r1-8.4.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Work/Nodemcu/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/esp-2021r1-8.4.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-g++.exe
-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Work/Nodemcu/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/esp-2021r1-8.4.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-g++.exe -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Building ESP-IDF components for target esp32
-- Project sdkconfig file C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/sdkconfig
CMake Warning at C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/tools/cmake/crosstool_version_check.cmake:28 (message):
Xtensa toolchain
C:/Work/Nodemcu/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/esp-2021r1-8.4.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe
crosstool-ng version esp-2021r1 doesn't match supported version esp-2020r3.
Check Getting Started documentation or proceed at own risk.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/esp32/project_include.cmake:31 (crosstool_version_check)
C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/tools/cmake/build.cmake:312 (include)
C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/tools/cmake/build.cmake:457 (__build_process_project_includes)
C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/tools/cmake/project.cmake:399 (idf_build_process)
CMakeLists.txt:27 (project)

-- Adding linker script C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/esp32/ld/esp32.peripherals.ld
-- Adding linker script C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/esp_rom/esp32/ld/esp32.rom.ld
-- Adding linker script C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/esp_rom/esp32/ld/esp32.rom.newlib-funcs.ld
-- Adding linker script C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/esp_rom/esp32/ld/esp32.rom.libgcc.ld
-- Adding linker script C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/bootloader/subproject/main/ld/esp32/bootloader.ld
-- Adding linker script C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/bootloader/subproject/main/ld/esp32/bootloader.rom.ld
-- Components: bootloader bootloader_support efuse esp32 esp_common esp_rom esptool_py log main micro-ecc partition_table soc spi_flash xtensa
-- Component paths: C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/bootloader C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/bootloader_support C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/efuse C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/esp32 C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/esp_common C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/esp_rom C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/esptool_py C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/log C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/bootloader/subproject/main C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/bootloader/subproject/components/micro-ecc C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/partition_table C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/soc C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/spi_flash C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/esp-idf/components/xtensa
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/Work/Nodemcu/esp/esp-idf/esp-at/build/bootloader
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
ninja failed with exit code 1
idf.py build ret: 2
idf.py build failed

C:\Work\Nodemcu\esp\esp-idf\esp-at>

ESP_Alson

Re: Can't compile AT firmware

Postby ESP_Alson » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:37 am

The following three methods are recommended for compiling AT firmware on windows platform:
1. Install ubuntu virtual machine
2. Use WSL
3. Use the Windows platform tools launched by Espressif

From your log, you are using IDF v4.3. So you can refer to https://dl.espressif.com/dl/esp-idf/?idf=4.3 to download tool. Run after installation, switch to AT root directory in DOS environment and follow the steps below to compile:

1. delete build directory and sdkconfig file
2. build.py menuconfig. This command will automatically download the IDF corresponding to AT.
3. enter esp-idf directory and execute install.bat and export.bat
4. back to the AT root directory and execute build.py build command

JoachimS

Postby JoachimS » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:33 pm

I Have the same issue on a Linux server with Ubuntu VERSION="20.04.3 LTS (Focal Fossa)"

within 3 files the type is not found , i assume a Header is missing ?

../esp-idf/components/efuse/src/esp_efuse_api.c:35:8: error: unknown type name '_lock_t'
../esp-idf/components/mbedtls/port/esp32/bignum.c:31:8: error: unknown type name '_lock_t'
../esp-idf/components/spi_flash/partition.c:65:8: error: unknown type name '_lock_t'

if someone have a hint for me , i will not dive into this project i will only use it.
After a successful build i will only change the Setup to have ethernet aktivated for the esp32,
so i can not use the prebuilded ones.

Thanks Joachim

ESP_Alson

Postby ESP_Alson » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:56 am

It is recommended that you execute the git submodule update --init --recursive command in the esp-idf directory in ESP-AT root directory. If it can't be solved, you can post your compilation steps for a look.