ESP32 IEEE802.11 payload encryption and decryption API

Ritesh

Re: ESP32 IEEE802.11 payload encryption and decryption API

Postby Ritesh » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:42 am

ESP_Sprite wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:54 am
Ritesh wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:41 am
Yes. if you have certificates or key then it can be possible to decrypt data which are encrypted with some keys or certicate.
Note that in the case of WPA Personal, 1. it depends on you having sniffed the connection start as well (as the nonce that is used in the rest of the connection encryption is exchanged there) and 2. the implementation of this is left as an exercise to the reader (as in: there's not really any code for this in ESP-IDF or Arduino). Basically, unless you're willing to dive deep into the technical details of the protocol and our WiFi logic, I posit it's not practically possible at this moment.
Great. But as far as i know that WiFi MAC layer is given into library form so that we can not enter into deep to get anything else from Wifi MAC Layer if anyone wants to do any reverse engineering. Is there any plan into future to fulfill requirements for that into ESP32 IDF Itself?
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:23 am

You're free to file an issue on the ESP-IDF Github repo to request this, but be aware that unless you add some real good use cases to that ticket, I can't see something like this getting a super-high priority.

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:10 am

ESP_Sprite wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:23 am
You're free to file an issue on the ESP-IDF Github repo to request this, but be aware that unless you add some real good use cases to that ticket, I can't see something like this getting a super-high priority.
Ok. Understood
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati