ESP32 CAM does not connect thru WiFi, but it does thru de Computer USB port.

BugFinder

ESP32 CAM does not connect thru WiFi, but it does thru de Computer USB port.

Postby BugFinder » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:53 pm

Hi there, I have programmed four ESP32 CAM devices with different MAC addresses. I did this with my Arduino IDE. The ESP32 generates an unique IP address for every MAC address so the camera's can be retrieved independently by my application. Then I connect the camera's on a 7-ports hub to provide the power supply. I can then see three of the camera's in my ANGRY IP SCANNER. One NOT, but I can see it when I connect this camera directly to the computer's own USB port. So why can I not see this camera when is is connected to one of the hub ports? By the way, this happens also when I load the program with the same MAC address to another ESP32 CAM board. Has somebody a clue what this causes this behaviour and how I can solve this? Thanks, BugFinder.

ESP_Sprite

Re: ESP32 CAM does not connect thru WiFi, but it does thru de Computer USB port.

Postby ESP_Sprite » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:49 am

...I don't get your logic. The ESP32 chips already come with an unique MAC address burned in eFuses; why do you feel the need to put your own in? Aside from that, we can't really say anything about this until you give more details: e.g. the code you use as well as the MAC addresses you generated would be useful.