Device drivers for Win10

NetDoc

Device drivers for Win10

Postby NetDoc » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:22 pm

I have an ESP-WROOM-32 that I've connected to my PC with a USB cord. I'm using Thonny to access it, and at first, it wouldn't do a thing and I couldn't see it in my device drivers. I changed USB cords and then heard a chime when I plugged it in, it would show up in my device driver, but it showed that I had a driver problem. I first did this, https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/ho ... -need-them on the advice of a friend. However, the CH340 drivers didn't do a thing. Then I installed CP210 drivers and for a moment, it showed up as working in my device driver and I could see it in Thonny. I felt as if I was making progress, but then this beeping on my laptop started that synced with the device showing up in my device drivers and dropping out again. If I deleted the drivers, it would stop the freakin' bleeping, but I could not see the device.

About me: I'm a complete novice with this. I've done a few things on RPI, but nothing smaller. I am hoping to use this to regulate the sprinklers on my garden, which is a 24V solenoid. I want to combine this with proximity and moisture sensors to not only keep the garden watered, but also to deter deer and other animals who come too close. I plan on using MicroPython for the programming.
[center]NetDoc
www.ScubaBoard.com
Stay positive, test negative, and dive neutral!

username

Re: Device drivers for Win10

Postby username » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:40 am