QUESTION-Help appreciated - ESP32 with ADXL345 with a LIPO charging breakout.

Kai-Made

QUESTION-Help appreciated - ESP32 with ADXL345 with a LIPO charging breakout.

Postby Kai-Made » Thu May 20, 2021 6:27 am

Hello all. I hope someone can point me in the right direction or better yet give me some advice that gets me over this hurdle.

I am creating a project that uses a ESP-WROOM-32U microcontroller, a ADXL345, and a Adafruit LIPO charging break out board.

So, what I know. I managed to get everything working at least it appeared as if it was on my breadboard. Went to put it in place on a prototype board and I have been racking my brain for over 15 hours.

I want to use a single USB cable to charge the LIPO through this charging board, and I want to communicate with the Microcontroller. I loaded test code on module then attached the ADXL and it worked fine. Then I added that LIPO charging module and instead of coordinates as I expected I am getting garbage. When I look at the 115200 baud rate communication it shows a button press reset happening very very fast. Disconnect the charging board and it works fine.

My wiring is rather simple. I have the micro usb in the controller and the communication wires linked to my standard USB plug then the power on that standard USB plug goes to the 5V and ground on the charger board and then jumps over to the controller from the +Bat and GND pins...then the ADXL is hooked to pins 21, 22 and 33, 33 is for interrupt. Power for it comes from 3.3 and GND as normal.

So my question. What am I missing. I know it is hard without pictures or schematics. I am working on the later but it is late. Thought I would ask before sleep.

I will mention that on the breadboard I was using a step down module. BUT this particular MC looks as if it would be fine without it...

Thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kai-Made

Re: QUESTION-Help appreciated - ESP32 with ADXL345 with a LIPO charging breakout.

Postby Kai-Made » Sat May 29, 2021 12:29 am

I got it sorted. Another forum unrelated to ESP helped me out. I do find it odd that over 100 people viewed this request for help or advice and never even attempted. This is my third time visiting this forum and the third time that absolutely no one wanted to help. Is this normal?

Kai-Made

Re: QUESTION-Help appreciated - ESP32 with ADXL345 with a LIPO charging breakout.

Postby Kai-Made » Sat May 29, 2021 12:34 am

So 100+ people visited my request for help but no one even attempted. This is my third and final post to this forum. Along with never getting any assistance, I also find that many of my posts get "lost" or never post. In fact, this is my 2nd attempt at replying to my own thread that received over 100 views but not one assist.

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Sat May 29, 2021 4:19 am

First of all, you might not get any help because without schematics, there's not much to say, and you're effectively saying you'll post schematics 'later'. You can't really blame the forum people for waiting on that, then. Secondly, the reason you don't see your post is that the first three posts from a new user need to be manually approved by moderators; this is an anti-spam feature. As you have three posts now, if you ever do decide to come back here, your post should go through immediately.