multiple bluetooth connection & esp32 bluetooth 5.0

YouJungChoi

multiple bluetooth connection & esp32 bluetooth 5.0

Postby YouJungChoi » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:42 am

<esp32 bluetooth 5.0 & multiple bluetooth connection>

Hello.

I am currently using the esp-wrover-E product.
And I tried using release version 4.2 and Master version of esp-idf released on github.

What I want to do with the esp32 is a 1:10 bluetooth connection.
In the esp-idf I used, the configuration file has a maximum of 7 BTDM_CTRL_BR_EDR_MAX_ACL_CONN options, and I know this is because I am using the bluetooth 4.x version.
Here's what I'm curious about.
Q1. I know that you can connect up to 1:10 if you use bluetooth 5.x version. Is this correct?

Q2. I know that esp32 has recently been certified for bluetooth 5.x version https://www.espressif.com/en/news/BLE_5.0_Certification

Is there any source code released on esp-idf github?

Q3. If there is the source code applied to esp-idf, is it NimBLE Host? Is it Bluedroid Host?

Q4. If there is source code, can I use esp32-wrover-E, which I am currently using?

Q5. Other than that, can I connect Bluetooth 1:10 using esp32-wrover-E and esp-idf? If so, what is the way?
(If there is a way, please also tell us the Bluetooth stack information.)
(1 Master 10 slave)

Thank you.

chegewara

Re: multiple bluetooth connection & esp32 bluetooth 5.0

Postby chegewara » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:18 pm

https://www.nordicsemi.com/Products/Low ... luetooth-5
There are four significant new features of Bluetooth 5 :
  • A higher bit rate of 2 Mbps.
  • A long range mode with better sensitivity at two new lower bit rates of 500 kbps and 125 kbps.
  • An 8 x improvement in broadcast capability with advertising extensions.
  • An improved channel selection algorithm (CSA #2) which enables improved channel coordination and coexistence efficiency with other Bluetooth and non-Bluetooth traffic.
None of it is implemented in esp32 which means, in my opinion, this mcu shouldnt be BLE 5 certified, the only reason it is is ble mesh. So, there is no way to increase simultaneously connected devices amount.

YouJungChoi

Postby YouJungChoi » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:38 pm

Thank you.
I have one more question.
If esp32-wrover-E is used and the existing ESP-IDF is used, is 1:10 BLE communication possible when MESH is configured?

chegewara

Postby chegewara » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:54 pm

BLE mesh is connectionless protocol and you can have about 65000 elements/nodes in one network.