Which is best method for programming the ESP32?

marine_hm

Which is best method for programming the ESP32?

Postby marine_hm » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:39 pm

I've used the ESP8266 (Wemos D-1 mini) quite a bit using Arduino.IDE. I purchased 2 ESP32 boards about 2 years ago. I cannot for the life of me connect to either one.

I'd like to stick with Arduino but also curious to learn another language. What is the BEST method of programming the ESP32?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

alanesq

Re: Which is best method for programming the ESP32?

Postby alanesq » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:57 pm

There is no problem programming the esp32 with the Arduino IDE, there are some good instructions on how to set it up here:
https://randomnerdtutorials.com/install ... tructions/

I personally prefer to use the Arduino IDE as it means I can easily switch between different Arduino type devices without having to change the software I use.

marine_hm

Postby marine_hm » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:21 pm

Is there a difference between the 1st Generation ESP32s that came out 2 years ago and the ones out now? The one I have, I purchased 2 years ago. Could not connect to it, moved on to another hobby(Building and flying an FPV quadcopter). Now that the weather is cold and crappy, I'd like to get another ESP32 and try again?

Y'alls help would be most appreciated.

alanesq

Postby alanesq » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:26 pm

I have one which would not work at all until I changed the "flash frequency" from 80 to 40 in the Arduino IDE, I can't remember now what the symptoms were - I have a feeling it claimed to upload but nothing happened?

btw - this may be of help? https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp32-t ... ing-guide/