BLE speaker

Deepak

BLE speaker

Postby Deepak » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:46 am

Hi,
I need to develop an application where in I will have to play audio message on speaker that is connected to an ESP32. Audio message will be send from APP via Bluetooth to an esp32 device.
I need to know is it possible to play audio on esp32 via ble or do I need to go for classic Bluetooth. What profile(eg A2DP, HSP, HFP etc) I need to use if I have to transfer audio message in only one direction i.e from an app to esp32. If I go for classic bluetooth what will be the current consumption as this parameter is important to me because my device will be battery operated and I haven't worked on classic Bluetooth before so I don't have nay idea regarding its current consumption. Also does BLE support A2DP, HSP,HFP profiles?

I will be grateful if you reply me as soon as possible.

Thank You,

Regards
Deepak Patel

ESP_Sprite

Re: BLE speaker

Postby ESP_Sprite » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:11 am

I'm pretty sure BLE does not support audio transfers; you'd have to go for classic BT instead.

Deepak

Re: BLE speaker

Postby Deepak » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:22 am

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I don't need to play any music on speaker instead I just need to play an audio message where in there will be no stereo effects. Can you please let me know for such type of application which profile I should go with?

Thanks,

Regards
Deepak Patel