Approval of posts and topics

engelant

Approval of posts and topics

Postby engelant » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:53 am

Yeah,
I don't really get it, are people able to post without aproval at some rank?
Why approval for posts at all, maybe you really need to reconcider this...

ESP_Sprite

Re: Approval of posts and topics

Postby ESP_Sprite » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:21 am

It's done in order to catch spam; a lot of spammers will register an account and then put a bunch of commercial posts up. The requirement of the posts to be reviewed stops this behaviour because the spam posts will never be viewed by anyone, just directly deleted. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I think after you had a bunch of posts manually approved, your posts will automatically go through.

ESP_igrr

Postby ESP_igrr » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:43 am

Yep, my posts also used to require approval before certain number. Maybe there is some knob in admin control panel which allows changing this number.

kolban

Postby kolban » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:12 pm

I'm not so worried about the approval of posts and topics ... since it seems that we don't know that they are put in a hold queue before posting ... I've got to believe that isn't putting anyone off from posting.

I am curious on statistics though. What fraction of moderated messages are discarded (if any)? What is the average latency between a submission of a post and when it appears on the forum? Are there moderators across the globe to review 24 hours?
Free book on ESP32 available here: https://leanpub.com/kolban-ESP32

engelant

Postby engelant » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:43 pm

Thanks for the replys,
I just think registering and a few approved posts are fine, but I'ts just an unnecessary delay. Don't get me wrong, I got my first answer fast enough, but sill due to the different timezones it delays the conversation. Just a suggestion, but maybe this approch of approve only is a little harsh.

greets
Anton

EDIT: seems like I got an upgrade, so there is an approval count that makes me trusted. Good to know.