esp32 idf LCD example "esp_lcd_panel_rgb.h" error

Gaston1980

esp32 idf LCD example "esp_lcd_panel_rgb.h" error

Postby Gaston1980 » Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:49 am

Hi to all, I just start to use esp-idf IDE and tried to build the example code for the LCD and this error came out:

Code: Select all

fatal error: esp_lcd_panel_rgb.h: No such file or directory
   14 | #include "esp_lcd_panel_rgb.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
why?
There is not such file in the folder and I run the idf.py menuconfig to check if selecting some data this file will be generated..but no luck. I found another thread about this issue in this forum but theres no answer either. Do I need to download this file?
Regards
Gastón

MicroController

Re: esp32 idf LCD example "esp_lcd_panel_rgb.h" error

Postby MicroController » Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:36 am

More details needed.
1. Which chip/SoC are you targeting? - The LCD-RGB panel example only works for the ESP32-S3.
2. Which example do you use?
3. How did you set up the new project with the example code?

Gaston1980

Postby Gaston1980 » Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:25 pm

Thanks for your reply, Im using esp idf 5.3 and I tried to compile the LCD example and I didn0t choose any esp32 board. I know that I need a s3 board but why this particular file is not in the folder? is it generated by building the example with the board?
Thanks
gastón

MicroController

Postby MicroController » Tue Oct 08, 2024 9:44 am

Gaston1980 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:25 pm
Thanks for your reply, Im using esp idf 5.3 and I tried to compile the LCD example
"The LCD example" is not very specific. I guess you tried the rgb_panel example from https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/tr ... herals/lcd.
and I didn0t choose any esp32 board. I know that I need a s3 board but why this particular file is not in the folder? is it generated by building the example with the board?
No, the file is not generated. Depending on the capabilities of the target chip you're compiling for, the ESP-IDF build system does or does not add certain header and source files to the build path.
You have to set the correct target (IDF_TARGET) before starting a build, otherwise either the build will fail or it will produce a binary which won't work on the actual chip.