Does it Possible to identify connected central BLE devices type

ajay.rathor

Does it Possible to identify connected central BLE devices type

Postby ajay.rathor » Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:20 am

1. Hi ,
  3. I am using ESP_Wroom-32 as a BLE peripheral HID Remote control with multi-connections, and it is able to connect with all devices like phones, computers, smart televisions , fire-sticks ,etc at same time. But i need to add different controls according to device example: if any phone type device is connected then i need to control its brightness, if computer or laptop type device is connected then i need to adjust tabs and if it is connected to any fire-stick or smart TV then i need to control volume.
  5. So is there any way from peripheral side to identify connected device type? I have gone through both sdk's(esp-idf and esp-matter) but not able to find any solution for this, while both device connect it does handshaking process and sends SDP(Service Discovery Protocol), can we use SDP to identify connected device type?

Tanguy

Re: Does it Possible to identify connected central BLE devices type

Postby Tanguy » Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:03 am

Hello,
This is a specific question about BLE and not related to Espressif modules but I might be of some help :

The most obvious and simplest way would be to add a write characteristic and make the central write to this characteristic as soon as it connects. The data written could be the whole configuration or just an ID from which your peripheral will retrieve the configuration.

The SDK gives you the tools to use BLE but the implementation according to your use case is your responsability.