My First Component

jschwefel

My First Component

Postby jschwefel » Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:13 pm

Well, I finally did it!

I have a properly doumented, well designed (I hope) and published OSS project, a component for the ESP32 family for the ESP-IDF.

It is a library to interface to the DS3231 RTC module that one finds all over Amazon. I call it esp-idf-ds3231.

I am still newish to C programming. I am not a dev by trade, but with 25+ years in the IT industry, I have done my share of coding for tools and automation and such, I am really struggling a bit with getting Sphinx/ReadTheDocs to look/do what I want them to do. I also welcome feedback on the project as a whole.

Jason

aliarifat794

Re: My First Component

Postby aliarifat794 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:54 am

Your RTC module is also compatible with Arduino, right?

zennya

Postby zennya » Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:20 am

jschwefel wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:13 pm
Well, I finally did it!

I have a properly doumented, well designed (I hope) and published OSS project, a component for the ESP32 family for the ESP-IDF.

It is a library to interface to the DS3231 RTC module that one finds all over Amazon. I call it esp-idf-ds3231.

I am still newish to C programming. I am not a dev by trade, but with 25+ years in the IT industry, I have done my share of coding for tools and automation and such, I am really struggling a bit with getting Sphinx/ReadTheDocs to look/do what I want them to do. I also welcome feedback on the project as a whole.

Jason
Congrats Jason, I am in the same foot when you started with this project. Happy for you, man!

jschwefel

Postby jschwefel » Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:25 pm

aliarifat794 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:54 am
I am not certain. I will test it. I am sure I will be able to make it work.

Please add it as an enhancement at https://github.com/jschwefel/esp-idf-ds3231/issues

I want to make sure I track all of those that contribute to this.

Jason

jschwefel

Postby jschwefel » Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:27 pm

zennya wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:20 am
jschwefel wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:13 pm
Well, I finally did it!

Jason
Congrats Jason, I am in the same foot when you started with this project. Happy for you, man!
THANKS! I really appreciate it.

I have found that I particularly enjoy writing these driver modules.

I am open to suggestions for ones to do, as well.

Cheers!

Jason

jschwefel

Postby jschwefel » Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:49 pm

aliarifat794 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:54 am
This looks to be non-trivial. Please submit it as an issue/enhancment. Let me know if you have an active project or is otherwise blocking you and I will prioritize accordingly.

Jason