ESP32-C5 -=what is known so far=-

rudi ;-)

ESP32-C5 -=what is known so far=-

Postby rudi ;-) » Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:19 pm

Hi Folks,

Not much information is publicly known, only as much as we see here and there, so I'll start to accumulate what we know so far, has also become more and more difficult to find details, espressif has also learned from the past (concealment tactics) :)

3 versions of the SoC
ESP32-C5 SoC.png
ESP32-C5 SoC
ESP32-C5 SoC.png (11.84 KiB) Viewed 4363 times

WROOM-1 Modul ( ESP32-C5NR4 || ESP32-C5NF4 )
ESP32-C5 WROOM-1.png
ESP32-C5-WROOM-1
ESP32-C5 WROOM-1.png (27.6 KiB) Viewed 4363 times

ESP32-C5-DevKitC-1 ( which contains WROOM-1 )
XXX

From the past there and earlier beta days are infos out around, that the qfn68 goes qfn48 and the qfn40 (R/F packages ) goes also to the qfn48 and we get for the inside package few nc pins.
It also makes confirmed sense if you look at the current ESP32-C5 NR4 SoC image on the right side
c5_s.png
ESP32-C5 QFN68 QFN48 QFN40
c5_s.png (1.76 MiB) Viewed 4363 times
At the moment I unfortunately don't know "yet" "binding" - whether PSRAM OPI will be supported? I'm worried about whether we will have enough pins taken out and whether we can then expand the Flash inside packed version with OPI Psram like the S3.
Update will follow.

best wishes
rudi ;-)
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

martins

Re: ESP32-C5 -=what is known so far=-

Postby martins » Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:21 am

Also, ESP-IDF intergration is finally ongoing (in preview stage for IDF v5.3): https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/issues/14021

rudi ;-)

Re: ESP32-C5 -= is out =-

Postby rudi ;-) » Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:35 pm

update

Ladies and Gentlemen :)

Hi Folks -

ESP32-C5-DevKitC-1 with ESP32-C5-WROOM-1
just in time spotted in the "wild"
ESP32-C5-DevKitC-1 ESP32-C5-WROOM-1.jpg
ESP32-C5-WROOM-1 ESP32-C5-DevKitC-1
ESP32-C5-DevKitC-1 ESP32-C5-WROOM-1.jpg (220.45 KiB) Viewed 3992 times

best wishes
rudi ;-)
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

mikemoy

Postby mikemoy » Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:43 am

They keep teasing us with new modules, but dont keep adding to the base. They either go single core 240mhz, and then expand the wireless to the latest stuff. Or go dual core 400mhz and drop wireless. I wish they would just add it all to one.
At this point they have so many modules out, it just makes no sense to keep making more. Feel bad for the software guys trying to keep up with all their modules.

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:04 am

mikemoy wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:43 am
They keep teasing us with new modules, but dont keep adding to the base. They either go single core 240mhz, and then expand the wireless to the latest stuff. Or go dual core 400mhz and drop wireless. I wish they would just add it all to one.
At this point they have so many modules out, it just makes no sense to keep making more. Feel bad for the software guys trying to keep up with all their modules.
We do this because there's a market for it... big manufacturers tend to want the module that most closely encompasses their use case, as anything 'extra' is unused stuff they still need to pay for. We're aware that there's also a group of people who for one reason or another simply wants to standardize on the 'biggest' module, and we're not forgetting about them either (but be aware developing chips is a fairly slow process)

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:16 pm

TBH
When I heard that the P4 doesn't have a radio, I was a bit skeptical.
Long awaited - finally here now too. ( ESP32-P4-Function-EV-Board )

After a few tests, I'm now very happy that it's a pure MCU without radio. It makes certain certification easier. But hope that now the ADC sampling will run fine and well. All conceivable eyes on it. That's what really matters now with the P4. I can confirm that the market is hot for it! Automotive industry as well as consumer sector. We've been waiting for it.

But a certain rethinking is also necessary now, it is no longer so easy to just build a breakout. There are a lot of pins left :) As a Beginner you has to read the docs. The many years of ESP study of all ups and downs are now worthwhile - We now have an ESP-IDF at hand, which allows us to quickly implement ideas and thoughts with any ESP SoC from 0 to 100. ( TBH the ESP component registry - i am not a totally friend of this way - cause you allways need to been online for any LED blink hello world to download the LED component - but ok you need to check and download "all what is need" in one session before. FYI: For Shool and training center it is difficult to handle without online connection at "shool session". There should be an Download Link for all to can prepair lessons.

After almost 11 years, I'm still on fire with Espressif developments from day one (ESp8266 celebrated its 10th anniversary a few days ago, Hackaday had reported on Aug 26 2014, other forums already Aug, 21 2014 (first module ESP-01 seeedstudio) ( attached first esp8266 modul and the legend 1st shematic, i think few of you were not there yet - for me i can say today that I was there - from the beginning :)
You remember? I do! It's the 1st #confidential shematic of the legend ESP8266! I am on Espressif since this 8 pages leak!
And if we compare the things to today ( ESP32-P4 , ESP32-C5 DUAL WiFi 6 ) it's an amazing way...
y.jpg
y.jpg (114.35 KiB) Viewed 3640 times
x.png
x.png (308.45 KiB) Viewed 3640 times

I now really hope that things work out so far on the P4, because we really had enough time. There will certainly not have been a lack of practice either. All eyes on ADC ! That has to be done now :))) What a sea of possibilities the P4 offers.

I'm going to use the P4 along with a few other C's and S' s, the ESP32-P4-Function-EV-Board is a "self-runner" (box office hit) - (already sold out again) that should have started Espressif much earlier with all the other boards, SoC's and samples.... now I'm waiting for the final C5 and ESP-IDF 5.4.... that should come in 2024, then everything will be back in order :)))

best wishes
rudi ;-)
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Wed Aug 28, 2024 11:48 pm

update
======

Hi Folks,

ops :mrgreen:

i think ESPRESSIF Official Store lists few ESP32-C5 things
:mrgreen:

SoC:
ESP32-C5NF4 ( 4MB Flash inside packaged )
ESP32-C5NR4 ( 4MB pSRAM inside packaged )
FYI: ESP32-C5N ( not seen yet )
spotted here: ESPRESSIF Official Store

DevKitC-1:
ESP32-C5-DevKitC-1-N8R4
spotted here: ESPRESSIF Official Store

Be sure you have contact to the ESPRESSIF Official Stores / sales before you buy.
" Please specify the product name when issuing the order "

Let's see what happens the next days 8-)

best wishes
rudi ;-)
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

mikemoy

Postby mikemoy » Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:36 am

ESP_Sprite wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:04 am
mikemoy wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:43 am
We do this because there's a market for it... big manufacturers tend to want the module that most closely encompasses their use case, as anything 'extra' is unused stuff they still need to pay for. We're aware that there's also a group of people who for one reason or another simply wants to standardize on the 'biggest' module, and we're not forgetting about them either (but be aware developing chips is a fairly slow process)

Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE fan of the ESP32!! IMHO there is nothing better out there.
I get the point of view for the "big manufacturers" but I am sure there are many more smaller companies that added up would exceed what the big manufacturers purchase. Us smaller companies would rather stock one part that covers all basis and paying a little more than to stock several devices.

Either way you guys rock!

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:18 pm

mikemoy wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:36 am
Either way you guys rock!

update!
=======
ring ring

'24 Aug 29
MCU SoC ESP32-C5 is here :D

ESP32-C5-NR4 ( PSRAM inside )
ESP32-C5-NF4 ( FLASH inside )

He is reality - real - tangible and here in front of me :) Long waited. Finally got it. First!

Espressif guys are awesome! Thank you for the trust that has already lasted for decades!
Gladly for more decades.
x-b_30x.jpg
ESP32-C5
x-b_30x.jpg (226.55 KiB) Viewed 3180 times

best wishes
rudi ;-)
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:39 pm

update:
=======

Spotted the ESP32-C5 EPS32-C5-DevKitC-1 Bootlog
( i will not source it cause not know does it should been public)

Bootlog-ESP32-C5-N8R4_spotted_x.jpg
ESP32-C5-DevKitC-1 Bootlog Sampler
Bootlog-ESP32-C5-N8R4_spotted_x.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 3156 times
best wishes
rudi ;-)
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪