Build freezes

srjasz

Build freezes

Postby srjasz » Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:48 pm

After several weeks of perfect, daily, use, I installed new idf version5.3. I am trying to build using both the command prompt and power shell. When I try to build, blink, hello_world, or sample_project, they all freeze during the build. I have tried a fullclean but get the same results. I don't get an error message or anything, the screen just freezes.

These are the last few lines that get displayed.

Creating esp32 image...
Merged 2 ELF sections
Successfully created esp32 image.
Generated C:/esp/examples/get-started/hello_world/build/bootloader/bootloader.bin
[108/108] cmd.exe /C "cd /D C:\esp\examples\get-started\he...s/get-started/hello_world/build/bootloader/bootloader.bin"
Bootloader binary size 0x6880 bytes. 0x780 bytes (7%) free.
[328/966] Building C object esp-idf/esp_hw_support/CMakeFiles/__idf_esp_hw_support.dir/rtc_wdt.c.obj

Any help would be appreciated.

RandomInternetGuy

Re: Build freezes

Postby RandomInternetGuy » Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:48 pm

Bizarre problems on Windows that are never reproducible to anyone else (obviously "blink" is a well-traveled road) are often the result of AntiVirus malware. Disabling that as a test and reinstalling IDF (in case THAT was eaten by your A/V) would be my starting point.

Something is interfering with your system's ability to read, execute, or write files.