Nimble controller stack usage in ESP-IDF

st184298

Nimble controller stack usage in ESP-IDF

Postby st184298 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:13 pm

Hello, I want to know if there is a way to use the nimble controller stack with ESP-IDF.
Currently, in the menu-config, we can only select the host stack, but not for the controller stack. However, I'm already aware that ESP32 architecture has the same ESP controller used for two different host stacks. As Nimble stack is open source, I am currently doing my research based on Nimble stack and finding ways to get optimized and efficient throughput for ble. One of the ways is to remove CRC and verify its throughput.
Please also suggest if there is any way to alter the packet using the built-in ESP Controller itself.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Regards,
Meghana

st184298

Re: Nimble controller stack usage in ESP-IDF

Postby st184298 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:01 pm

@rahult-github could you please support me here? I understand you are a nimble developer, so please help It's important.
I appreciate any esp controller developer @espressif to consider with high importance.
Thanks in advance, hoping for some help.

irahul

Postby irahul » Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:53 am

ESP chipsets have their own controller. So for Nimble ( or bluedroid ) only the host part of upstream mynewt-nimble code is used. The nimble controller part is not enabled / compiled in ESP-IDF .

st184298

Postby st184298 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:26 pm

irahul wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:53 am
ESP chipsets have their own controller. So for Nimble ( or bluedroid ) only the host part of upstream mynewt-nimble code is used. The nimble controller part is not enabled / compiled in ESP-IDF .
Thanks for the response @irahul. It'd be really helpful if you could suggest any way to test the nimble controller using any possible methods. Or if you are aware of how to remove CRC inclusion and verification in the packet sent using the ESP controller code itself, that'll be helpful too for my research work. Hoping for a positive response.
Thanks again.