ESP32-S3 ULP current consumption

gpandit@spotsee.io

ESP32-S3 ULP current consumption

Postby gpandit@spotsee.io » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:52 pm

Hello,

I am trying to build an application with ESP32-S3 that requires monitoring a GPIO pin when the ESP32 is in deep-sleep.

I followed the ulp-gpio example [using ESP-IDF v5.1] and was able monitor GPIOs, but, when I measured the current consumption (as shown in the method described in API guides: https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... dules.html ) I am measuring ~400uA. I am using a new ESP32-S3-WROOM-1-N8 module.

To make sure that I don't have any IO current leakage, I have enabled Pull-Down on all the pins I am not using on the ESP32-S3.

The datasheets do not mention what the current consumption should be when the ULP is running, is this the normal current consumption when the ULP is running? Has anyone observed same current measurements or anyone knows a way to reduce it even further?

Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav

LindaZhang

Re: ESP32-S3 ULP current consumption

Postby LindaZhang » Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:53 am

Hi, we have tested the current consumption of ESP32-S3 with flashing the example system/ulp/ulp_riscv/gpio. The measurement is also about 400 uA.

However, the current consumption is higher than expected. We will check the example later.