Wi-Fi module for camera processor

haythemjls

Wi-Fi module for camera processor

Postby haythemjls » Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:20 pm

Hello,
I'm wondering if there is a Wi-Fi module developed by Espressif that can be used to interface it with a camera processor?

Best regards,

ESP_Sprite

Re: Wi-Fi module for camera processor

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:42 am

That all depends on the interface given camera processor provides and what exactly you want out of that interface; you'll need to be a bit more specific before we can help you there.

haythemjls

Postby haythemjls » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:23 am

Hello and thank you for your feedback, We are currently in the study and development phase of a Wi-Fi camera project based on the Ingenic T31ZX processor. For this project, we require a Wi-Fi module that is compatible with this processor and operates on battery power.

Best regards,

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:07 am

Okay, what specifically do you want out of the interface between the two? Also, how is your software structured? Does the ESP32 need to simply control the camera (as in, send on/off/record/whatever commands), do you need to stream video, does the ESP32 need to be a 'dumb' network interface, ...?

haythemjls

Postby haythemjls » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:11 am

Hello,
I'm not a software engineer, I'm a hardware designer and I am in the research phase of the components to make the design.

The project is based on T31ZX processor camera and must be connected to network via Wi-Fi module.So we are looking for a wifi module similar to this model:
https://www.mouser.fr/datasheet/2/1054/ ... 223799.pdf

Thank you.

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:58 am

That still doesn't really tell me anything tbh... that module is somewhat similar to the ESP modules we have, but without knowing how you want to use the module, all I can say is that yes, we probably have some module that will do what you want. 'connected over WiFi' is one thing, but there's a fair bit of module choice that depends on if you want to run the server logic on the ESP or if it needs to be a dumb network pipe for the main camera processor, the throughput you want from this, if it needs to handle video streams and if it needs to modify those (encode/decode.wrap/...) etc.

It's kinda like telling me 'I need a car', me asking if you need a truck, a tanker, a sports car or a minivan and you saying 'it needs to go over a road'. It's not enough info for me to offer you proper advice.

I'd suggest asking the software engineers about this, as they (hopefully) have more insight in the requirements and the capabilities of the camera processor software/SDK as well as the software architecture they need to use.