Dose it going to work ???

SuFiTx

Dose it going to work ???

Postby SuFiTx » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:00 pm

Hello all ,

Have a question regarding ESP development kit as I am about to start the project and I am not fully sure will this work, therefore I am looking for a bit of advice..

I have ESP32 dev board with 3.5 display like the one below.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004 ... 1802DMHfJL

Will I be able to connect it with GPS and encoder like below ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002 ... 1802DMHfJL

http://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=sam-m8q

It is short of one Vcc pin and I was wondering would it be possible to connect external voltage to it and make it to work

The drawings for the board are attached as pictures and GPS/encoder pins too.

I will appreciate all help.

Regards all,

D
Attachments
GPS.JPG
GPS.JPG (31.84 KiB) Viewed 1632 times
ESP32-3248S035-MCU-V1.1.jpg
ESP32-3248S035-MCU-V1.1.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1632 times
ESP32-3248S035-LCM-V1.1.jpg
ESP32-3248S035-LCM-V1.1.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 1632 times

Craige Hales

Re: Dose it going to work ???

Postby Craige Hales » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:03 pm

The doc for the dev board ... does it show how to get to the I/O pins? Which ones are available? It looks like they may have pre-assigned most/all of them. Three are hardwired to LEDs, another to a photodiode; you might wish they were available for the quad encoder, etc. If they bring out the serial port, the GPS may be easy, though getting the PPS output from the GPS will need another GPIO available.

This looks like a good choice for an educational kit, and priced competitively with just the display on amazon.
Craige

a2800276

Re: Dose it going to work ???

Postby a2800276 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:36 am

Judging from your question, it seems like you may be in a bit over your head. Try starting out with just a simple devboard (without a display) and the encoder to get a hang of how to interface components together and write code to make them work. You'll be able to ask much more productive questions once you get your feet wet. It's really not very difficult, but you need to have a bit of practical experience.

> It is short of one Vcc pin and I was wondering would it be possible to connect external voltage to it and make it to work

To answer your question: What is "it" that's short one pin? You seem to assume that you can buy random components and just wire signals with the same name together one-to-one and things will just work ... One voltage input could power a number of voltage inputs, but you may require some additional circuitry to stabilize the power or adjust voltage levels. Unfortunately your question is so high level, that it would involve looking at all the components, reading their datasheets and figuring out what the interface circuitry would look like. This requires time and expertise (and is a bit boring, and honestly, if you have the expertise to finish the project, you could do it yourself) so frankly I doubt anyone would do this for you for free.