Forum questions

ChrisHill

Forum questions

Postby ChrisHill » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:58 pm

1) Why do my posts have to be approved?
I'm a new user, so I assumed I have to have a certain number of posts before this requirement is lifted, but there is no mention of that in the FAQ. I did see this however:
The board administrator may have decided that posts in the forum you are posting to require review before submission. It is also possible that the administrator has placed you in a group of users whose posts require review before submission. Please contact the board administrator for further details.

So, second question:
2) How do I contact the board administrator?
I don't seem to have messaging privileges yet.

ESP_Sprite

Re: Forum questions

Postby ESP_Sprite » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:49 am

If you're new, the first 3 posts need to be approved. Just post as you normally would; we usually approve the posts within a day, and after three have been approved, your posts will be visible immediately.

ChrisHill

Postby ChrisHill » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:34 am

Thanks ESP_Sprite

That was actually my fourth post, but it still went for approval. Does the requirement get lifted automatically by the board software, or does it require a manual switch by an admin?

(I'm posting this mostly to see if I can now post immediately, but if it goes off for approval then the question above stands!)

ChrisHill

Postby ChrisHill » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:34 am

Ok, moot point - my posts now appear immediately :)

ChrisHill

Postby ChrisHill » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:11 am

My apologies - I've just realised that although that was my fourth post, my third one was still awaiting approval when I posted my fourth one. Case closed!