ESP32 and a ardusimple simplertk2b GPS RTK

GlennLittleford

ESP32 and a ardusimple simplertk2b GPS RTK

Postby GlennLittleford » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:44 am

Hi Guys

Working with a ESP32 and a SimpleRTK2b board ( GPS with RTK ). There is a near by NTRIP server, so I have configurated the ESP32 to connect to my wifi, then connect to the NTRIP server, to get correction data. It seams to be working, and streams data out on a serial port pin. I found the code for this at https://github.com/GLAY-AK2/NTRIP-client-for-Arduino.

Now the SimpleRTK2b board is streaming out location data on TX1, and I have written the code on the ESP32 to grab the longitude/latitude info from the stream and display that on the serial monitor. To get accurate GPS-RTK, I need to send the NTRIP correction data from the ESP32 to the SimpleRTK2b, and this is where I'm getting stuck.

Basically, the ESP is running two different programs, on their own serial ports. ESP32 has a wifi connection to the internet to the NTRIP correction service. The ESP sends this out a serial port to the SimpleRTK2B. The SimpleRTK2B uses this correction data to get a GPS lock and sends the location data out another serial port, which is then parsed by the ESP32 to display accurate GPS.

But the SimpleRTK2b isnt responding to the NTRIP data from the ESP32. I'm not sure if its a configuration issue, a serial speed issue, or what. Hoping someone has done something similar and can help.

Regards
Glenn