Rainmaker Dashboard OTA problem

Bernawong4

Rainmaker Dashboard OTA problem

Postby Bernawong4 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:57 am

Hi everybody.

I am recently working on a home IOT project using ESP rainmaker. I want to use the OTA function to upload firmware. However, I am facing some problem on using the dashboard.

1. I was trying to connect to same device on ESP rainmaker on 2 different smartphone. I have remove the device on the first smartphone and successfully connect it on the second smartphone. And found that the node doesn't show up on the rainmaker dashboard of the newer account, but it is still on the account that is used to connect the device in the beginning. I could only use OTA function on the old one. Is it any way to solve this problem?

2. It always show up an error message "Something went wrong!" while I try to start the OTA today. It seem that the reason is not on the program. I had already try to use a different firmware and a different device. It still have same problem.
Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 1.13.49 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 1.13.49 PM.png (126.51 KiB) Viewed 2569 times
** English is not my first language. Feel free to ask me for furthur information.

Kind regards.

ESP_Piyush

Re: Rainmaker Dashboard OTA problem

Postby ESP_Piyush » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:40 am

If you are using ESP32 with assisted claiming, the user who performed the assisted claiming (done during first time provisioning from the app) becomes the admin for that node. Thereafter, if you do not erase flash, but just reset the node and pair it with another user, only the end user mapping will change, whereas admin mapping will stay the same. We have these 2 types of users so as to simulate real life cases wherein a device is developed and built by someone and then used in field by someone else.
Admin user has access to the node via dashboard, whereas end user has the access from the phone app.

You can read more about these user roles here.

If you have seen the OTA issue just recently (in last 24 hours), then it is a known bug which we are working on. If you have seen the same earlier too, then let us know.

Bernawong4

Postby Bernawong4 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:36 am

I see. Thank you for quick reply

ESP_Piyush

Postby ESP_Piyush » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:27 am

OTA firmware upgrades on public deployment should work well now. Can you check?