On the topic "USB vendor class with Microsoft OS descriptor", can anyone provide a similar demo?

chenkejin

On the topic "USB vendor class with Microsoft OS descriptor", can anyone provide a similar demo?

Postby chenkejin » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:49 am

"USB vendor class with Microsoft OS descriptor": viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24150&p=105144#p105144
Similar to this theme.I want to implement the WinUSB driver via IDF V4. But the official demo is only CDC and MSC. Tinyusb comes with a webUSB demo, but it doesn't compile successfully in vscode.
The chip I use is esp32S3.

chegewara

Re: On the topic "USB vendor class with Microsoft OS descriptor", can anyone provide a similar demo?

Postby chegewara » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:31 am

Hi,
the problem with vendorUSB on esp-idf is that for some reason esp-idf is not having option to enable it.
You can this tinyusb in components folder to override esp-idf version (i didnt try it yet, but i will have to)
https://github.com/espressif/esp32-ardu ... no_tinyusb

I am also refactoring my old esp32tinyusb library, which is currently only arduino version, to make it arduino and esp-idf compatible.
I have it mostly done, there are some small differences with configuration between those two which i have to solve and i would like to add video class, which is enabled in arduino component.

chenkejin

Re: On the topic "USB vendor class with Microsoft OS descriptor", can anyone provide a similar demo?

Postby chenkejin » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:32 am

Follow your instructions,I tried a few times and it didn't work. I may have some missteps that caused it to not compile properly.
It is expected that ESPTINYUSB can be used in ESP-IDF in the future.

chegewara

Postby chegewara » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:38 am

chenkejin wrote: It is expected that ESPTINYUSB can be used in ESP-IDF in the future.
Yes, thats the goal, but i cant promise that all USB class, like vendor for example, will be available. It all depends if esp-idf will provide port to tinyusb.