ESP32-C3-AWS-ExpressLink-DevKit cannot connect to AWS or use AT commands

Uncle creaky

ESP32-C3-AWS-ExpressLink-DevKit cannot connect to AWS or use AT commands

Postby Uncle creaky » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:38 am

I received one of these boards last week with a plan to replace my existing ESP32 that connects to AWS IOT Core and it loses it's connection a lot and has to be reset to remake the connection. I have been trying to get it working with an Arduino Uno ever since with no success. I followed the instructions to the letter and it seems to have connected and the serial console is displaying a sent message every 10 seconds but I get nothing when I subscribe to all topic in the AWS IOT Core MQTT test tool from this board, I can see the data arriving from my other 2 things.
I also cant seem to get any response when sending AT commands but if I press the reset button, I do get the log file so I am on the correct port and comms is working.
I have also tried updating the firmware using the python script but this just times out.
The Android provisioning tool worked once but cannot find the device ever since.
This is really frustrating, it cost a lot of money as I had to get it shipped from the US and I cannot get it to work. I have a fair amount of experience with IOT devices but this has me stumped. Maybe it's faulty?
Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received,

mutty75

Re: ESP32-C3-AWS-ExpressLink-DevKit cannot connect to AWS or use AT commands

Postby mutty75 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:28 pm

I'm facing the same issue.
How do you fix it ? Thank you