ESP-01 - Need help on my project

PeetHendriks

ESP-01 - Need help on my project

Postby PeetHendriks » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:51 pm

I am building a DieselLogger unit which record and upload the fuel filling transactions.
The systems works perfect for approximately 15 times then suddenly it does not upload the transaction and corrupt some fields in the memory. I need then to setup the tank again also the wifi credentials.

My hardware setup is as follows : a PIC18F4550 processor (programmed with mikropascal), connected to a LCD display 16x2, and a 2MBit Memory chip and the ESP-01 (using only the AT commands), a relay to disconnect/connect the fuel line, and some status leds, and the flow sensor.
What the system does : Measuring the fuel tapped, record date,time,operator, vehicleregnr, km reading etc. Then it stores the transaction in memory plus upload transaction via local wifi by making http requests (running a php file) which insert the transaction to a MySQL database + sending an email.
As I said earlier - it works perfectly for a few transactions, then it stops sending data until I re-enter the wifi-credentials.

On the monitor I can see that it uses a funny SSID and Password not programmed to use.
Any ideas or support where I can start to find a solution?
Help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

hobby_guy

Re: ESP-01 - Need help on my project

Postby hobby_guy » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:21 pm

Hi!

If you could share your code, it would be easier to help :)
Also, please show your circuit. How is the ESP01 configured, where are your sensors etc.

PeetHendriks

Re: ESP-01 - Need help on my project

Postby PeetHendriks » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:05 am

Hi Hobby-Guy - thank you for the reply. In the meantime I did make some progress but are still not there. I am going to cut out the ESP and just see how the program responds. Then I will put ESP program source back bit by bit. If I ran into another problem I shall surely post the code and circuit for your help.