I can build ESP-AT in Linux, but redundant error when exporting environment variables and when trying to flash

romboidale

I can build ESP-AT in Linux, but redundant error when exporting environment variables and when trying to flash

Postby romboidale » Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:57 pm

Hello, I followed this guide to be able to compile ESP-IDF (v5.3) and ESP-AT on Linux, in order to work on my ESP32-C6:
https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... requisites

https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... index.html

I chose to manually install on Linux, and I can now build the project just fine, but every time I launch export.sh to setup environment variables (and every time I try to flash the binary to my device) I get this error:

Code: Select all

Checking if Python packages are up to date...
Constraint file: /home/user/.espressif/espidf.constraints.v5.3.txt
Requirement files:
 - /home/user/esp/esp-idf/tools/requirements/requirements.core.txt
Python being checked: /home/user/.espressif/python_env/idf5.3_py3.12_env/bin/python
The following Python requirements are not satisfied:
Requirement 'esp-idf-kconfig<3.0.0,>=2.0.2' was not met. Installed version: 1.4.3
Requirement 'pyparsing<4,>=3.1.0' was not met. Installed version: 3.0.9
To install the missing packages, please run "install.sh"
But install.sh is the script I used to install everything, it seems like it installs obsolete packages. Anyone has the same problem?

romboidale

Re: I can build ESP-AT in Linux, but redundant error when exporting environment variables and when trying to flash

Postby romboidale » Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:28 am

Can a mod move this thread in "ESP-AT"? I think I posted in the wrong section and maybe I'll find some answers there

ESP_Sprite

Re: I can build ESP-AT in Linux, but redundant error when exporting environment variables and when trying to flash

Postby ESP_Sprite » Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:17 am

Sure; moved. On your problem: potentially you still have something in your environment causing that; closing the terminal and re-trying from a new one tends to fix that.

romboidale

Postby romboidale » Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 am

I investigated a bit, and found out that after cloning ESP-AT the installed versions of kconfig and pyparsing respect the requirements for flashing to the device (kconfig v2.3.0 and pyparsing v3.1.4). It's when I run "install.sh" that the script removes the more updated versions and installs the older v1.4.3 for kconfig and v3.0.9 for pyparsing.

The strange thing is that with kconfig v1.4.3 and pyparsing v3.0.9 i can build but cannot flash, but if i manually replace these versions with kconfig v2.3.0 and pyparsing v3.1.4 then I can flash, but I cannot build anymore!