ESP32-C3 AT Firwmware

Sravanthi Srinivas

ESP32-C3 AT Firwmware

Postby Sravanthi Srinivas » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:16 am

Hi Team,

I have a few questions and concerns related to the ESP32-C3 AT command firmware that I would like to discuss:

1) Scanning in Extended Advertisement Mode:

We can successfully scan in Legacy advertisement mode, but we are unable to do so in Extended advertisement mode. The logs are attached in the "ESP32_Extended_advertise_Test.xlsx" file.

2) Obtaining RSSI after connection:

We can get the RSSI of the peripheral in the Scan response. However, is there any way to obtain the RSSI after establishing a connection?

3) Data Rate in Coded PHY Mode for ESP32-C3 AT Command Firmware:

We can configure the Coded PHY Mode, but since the Coded PHY supports two data rates, S2 (500kbps) and S8 (125kbps), how can we configure the data rate for S2 and S8 using AT commands? Additionally, what is the default data rate in Coded PHY?

4) TX Power Configuration Pattern for Future Devices:

To meet specific country regulations, we have a requirement to maintain an RF TX power of 6 dBm. The ESP32-C3 AT firmware currently supports 6 dBm. Will future versions also support 6 dBm to ensure compliance with these regulations?

I have attached the queries document, Request you to support us on this.

I appreciate your assistance in addressing these questions and concerns. Please let me know if you need any additional information or clarification.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Attachments
ESP_BLE_queries_list..pdf
(248.93 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
ESP32_Extended_advertise.pdf
(436.5 KiB) Downloaded 252 times

ESP_Sun

Re: ESP32-C3 AT Firwmware

Postby ESP_Sun » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:53 am

Q1: Maybe you can set the scan interval and scan window to 160 and try again. (AT+BLESCANPARAM=1,0,0,160,160)
Q2: Maybe you can use the AT+BLERDRSSI command to query the signal strength after the ESP device has established a BLE connection
Command introduction:

Code: Select all

AT+BLERDRSSI=<conn_index>
+BLERDRSSI:<conn_index>,<rssi>
OK
Sent after connection is required, for example

AT+BLERDRSSI=0
+BLERDRSSI:0,-48
OK
Q3: Currently, the S2 and S8 cannot be configured using AT commands. This function may be added in the future, and the default may be S8.
Q4: On different chips, the range of TX power may be different. TX power configurations on the same chip should not be easily changed. I think if there is a change, it should be explained in the release note of each version (https://github.com/espressif/esp-at/releases), maybe you can pay attention to the release note of the relevant version when upgrading the version.

ESP_Sun

Re: ESP32-C3 AT Firwmware

Postby ESP_Sun » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:54 am

Sravanthi Srinivas wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:16 am
Hi Team,

I have a few questions and concerns related to the ESP32-C3 AT command firmware that I would like to discuss:

1) Scanning in Extended Advertisement Mode:

We can successfully scan in Legacy advertisement mode, but we are unable to do so in Extended advertisement mode. The logs are attached in the "ESP32_Extended_advertise_Test.xlsx" file.

2) Obtaining RSSI after connection:

We can get the RSSI of the peripheral in the Scan response. However, is there any way to obtain the RSSI after establishing a connection?

3) Data Rate in Coded PHY Mode for ESP32-C3 AT Command Firmware:

We can configure the Coded PHY Mode, but since the Coded PHY supports two data rates, S2 (500kbps) and S8 (125kbps), how can we configure the data rate for S2 and S8 using AT commands? Additionally, what is the default data rate in Coded PHY?

4) TX Power Configuration Pattern for Future Devices:

To meet specific country regulations, we have a requirement to maintain an RF TX power of 6 dBm. The ESP32-C3 AT firmware currently supports 6 dBm. Will future versions also support 6 dBm to ensure compliance with these regulations?

I have attached the queries document, Request you to support us on this.

I appreciate your assistance in addressing these questions and concerns. Please let me know if you need any additional information or clarification.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Hi,

Q1: Maybe you can set the scan interval and scan window to 160 and try again. (AT+BLESCANPARAM=1,0,0,160,160)
Q2: Maybe you can use the AT+BLERDRSSI command to query the signal strength after the ESP device has established a BLE connection
Command introduction:

AT+BLERDRSSI=<conn_index>
+BLERDRSSI:<conn_index>,<rssi>
OK
Sent after connection is required, for example

AT+BLERDRSSI=0
+BLERDRSSI:0,-48
OK
Q3: Currently, the S2 and S8 cannot be configured using AT commands. This function may be added in the future, and the default may be S8.
Q4: On different chips, the range of TX power may be different. TX power configurations on the same chip should not be easily changed. I think if there is a change, it should be explained in the release note of each version (https://github.com/espressif/esp-at/releases), maybe you can pay attention to the release note of the relevant version when upgrading the version.