ESP Insights issues/questions

thefury

ESP Insights issues/questions

Postby thefury » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:29 pm

We have started to evaluate ESP Insights as a solution for remote debugging and logging, maybe OTA updates (but I currently have a solution for OTA updates using our GitLab CI/CD).
  1. I have tried to invite a teammate to my ESP Insights dashboard; the email did not arrive and he does not see the incoming invitation in the "For You" section of the admin dashboard. He also sent me an invite and likewise it did not arrive.
  2. My login does not appear to be accepted over the command line interface. The password is accepted on dashboard.rainmaker.espressif.com and dashboard.insights.espressif.com but not from the CLI, nor from the browser when the CLI opens a browser window to log in. From the browser window that the CLI opens, I can log in with Google and I was able to claim a node but I got an error in the process that said it couldn't grant me admin permissions.
  3. My Rainmaker dashboard seems to be disconnected from my ESP Insights dashboard. I see the node I claimed in ESP Insights (when I log in with email and password) but Rainmaker says I do not have permission. When I log in with Google, Rainmaker still does not see my node, and I am guessing this has now complicated my account situation with two accounts associated with my email.
  4. What will ESP Insights cost?
  5. Will there be a self-hostable version of ESP Insights that I can host on the same setup as I've got all my other apps? I would be happy to beta test. And if so, would this version have a different cost than the hosted solution?
BTW, I tried to send these questions through "Sales Questions" on the contact form, but it kept refusing my submission and did not give me an answer as to what was the problem.

ESP_Piyush

Re: ESP Insights issues/questions

Postby ESP_Piyush » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:21 pm

As of now, I do not have answers to all your questions, but let me answer a few of them
My login does not appear to be accepted over the command line interface. The password is accepted on dashboard.rainmaker.espressif.com and dashboard.insights.espressif.com but not from the CLI, nor from the browser when the CLI opens a browser window to log in. From the browser window that the CLI opens, I can log in with Google and I was able to claim a node but I got an error in the process that said it couldn't grant me admin permissions.
This may happen if the CLI you are using is from esp-insights/cli. I would recommend that you use the latest CLI from here. A few months back, we made some user management related changes which may have resulted in your accounts going out of sync since the CLI may not have been updated.
My Rainmaker dashboard seems to be disconnected from my ESP Insights dashboard. I see the node I claimed in ESP Insights (when I log in with email and password) but Rainmaker says I do not have permission. When I log in with Google, Rainmaker still does not see my node, and I am guessing this has now complicated my account situation with two accounts associated with my email.
I think if you update the CLI as mentioned in my earlier point and claim the device again, it should start showing up in RainMaker too.
What will ESP Insights cost?
Will there be a self-hostable version of ESP Insights that I can host on the same setup as I've got all my other apps? I would be happy to beta test. And if so, would this version have a different cost than the hosted solution?
Please drop an email to esp-rainmaker-admin@espressif.com and we will connect you to appropriate sales representatives for pricing.

I will get back to you regarding the first question of sharing the dashboard.