Automation does not work for custom devices?

hasan_

Automation does not work for custom devices?

Postby hasan_ » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:12 pm

Hi, I noticed the Automation triggers work perfectly for built-in devices such as Temperature... but when I tried with my custom device (CO2 sensor readings) with an INT parameter, it did not show any notification on the automation being set up, nor did it trigger when the condition met.

I use the Android App.

Can you please check on your end?

Thanks.

ESP_Piyush

Re: Automation does not work for custom devices?

Postby ESP_Piyush » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:42 pm

Can you also give information about what kind of automation you had set up? What was the check? Greater than, equal to, or less than?

hasan_

Postby hasan_ » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:09 am

Hi Piyush,

So I tried different combinations to see in what situations do the Automations not trigger, and here is my conclusion:

For any Automation that has only ONE action (whether custom or available devices) it triggers as expected ✔

For any Automation that has Multiple Actions (whether custom or available devices) it never triggers !

----------

Additionally, I noticed the triggers and their notifications occur each time it update values, e.g. in my case every 5 seconds, while the condition remains true. I don't know if this is how it was meant to be, but I highly suggest to 'Trigger Once Only' when the condition is met, which should make it more practical? (and in future, ideally, an Optional tick box while creating the Automation: 'Trigger Once Only: [x] Default: yes).

Looking forward for your input. I'll be happy to help test/troubleshoot further as needed. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Hasan

hasan_

Postby hasan_ » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:29 pm

ESP_Piyush wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:42 pm
Can you also give information about what kind of automation you had set up? What was the check? Greater than, equal to, or less than?
Hi Piyush, please let me know if this is being addressed based on my troubleshooting information above.
Thanks.

ESP_Piyush

Postby ESP_Piyush » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:36 pm

We have confirmed that this issue can be reproduced as per what you have mentioned. Our backend team is debugging the issue and will provide a fix soon. Thanks for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience.