Failing to Upload zip files for OTA

JoshNOA

Failing to Upload zip files for OTA

Postby JoshNOA » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:50 pm

Hi Gang,

Currently in the middle of a production release, running integration tests on RMaker OTA functionality and reachability TODAY.

Im attempting to upload a new zip file to the private rainmaker backend, but its giving me a "Package file name is not valid." error. The filename is v2.6A.zip, which i dont believe should cause any issues as it follows a format that has been used successfully for the last 6 months.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I really need to be able to do an OTA in the next 24 hours to paying customers, so any support or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes,

Josh C

ESP_Piyush

Re: Failing to Upload zip files for OTA

Postby ESP_Piyush » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:02 pm

Hi Josh,

The RainMaker OTA functionality itself does not require the zip file, but just the binary. So, as a quick fix, you can simply upload the firmware binary file and use that for OTA. The package itself is required for Insights logs parsing and can be uploaded later after we debug and find a fix. Considering that this is with your private deployment, please let us know if you made any changes recently or updated the backend/frontend? You may share any additional details over email with esp-rainmaker-admin@espressif.com.