Multiple users: Automation ID conflict

hasan_

Multiple users: Automation ID conflict

Postby hasan_ » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:00 pm

Hi, I'm using Android. I have shared my Rainmaker with another user (iOS). They can control and see the devices. But they cannot modify or remove the Automations I created, and I can't change/delete the Automation they create.

It says: "Invalid automation id"

Although both users should be able to change/remove existing Automations regardless of who created them. Can this be fixed please?

Thanks!
Hasan

ESP_Piyush

Re: Multiple users: Automation ID conflict

Postby ESP_Piyush » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:13 pm

ESP RainMaker actually has a concept of primary and secondary users. By default, our apps add new users as secondary users only and so, they have some restrictions on the operations they can perform. What we can do is, add a popup during sharing asking the owner if they want to give full access or only restricted access to the new user. If full access is given, thje operations you mentioned would be possible.

Meanwhile, the error reported (Invalid automation id) is also wrong, and it will be fixed soon.

hasan_

Re: Multiple users: Automation ID conflict

Postby hasan_ » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:51 am

Thanks Piyush, I understand, however there is more to it than that.

I am completely fine with user roles (and I like the suggested option of opting for restrictions), but here the problem is that even the primary user is not able to modify/remove or turn ON/OFF the Automations created by a Secondary user. (even turning on/off displays: Invalid automation id).

Ideally, Primary users should have full control. Can you please look into this as an urgent fix request.

Thanks,
Hasan