Future of Rainmaker

rsimpsonbusa

Future of Rainmaker

Postby rsimpsonbusa » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:41 am

Hi everybody.

My personal appreciation is that there is very slow advancement in the Rainmaker community and new developments in the platform, as seen also in this forum. Just to state some important issues, there is no information as to how much will it cost to have N devices, services, quotas, limits as well as any additional costs, though its mentioned very briefly in some comments or topics here (very generic nothing specific).

No web page to refer us to that type of info which is crucial if one is to commit a company's developing strategy to the services here provided vs developing your own MQTT web services and App for IOS/Android/other (as we were used to before Rainmaker).

Hope I have missed the website or paper or whatever that illustrates services, SLAs, costs per device, testing environment, general strategy, etc. and someone can guide me to such information.

I did get additional Nodes free (from the usual 5 Nodes), thanks for that.

We cannot commit a full rollout of any Product, for the long run, with so little economic, service and infrastructure perspectives.

Kind regards.

bidrohini

Re: Future of Rainmaker

Postby bidrohini » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:51 am

https://rainmaker.espressif.com/ I think this is the most reliable place to know about rainmaker. I hope they include some more necessary information.

ESP_Piyush

Postby ESP_Piyush » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:04 am

Hello,

For any commercial enquiries, you can reach out to the Espressif sales teams via the "Contact Us" option on https://rainmaker.espressif.com/ or by sending an email to sales@espressif.com. For any specific technical queries, you may ask directly on forums, GitHub issues or by sending an email to esp-rainmaker-admin@espressif.com.

rsimpsonbusa

Postby rsimpsonbusa » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:37 pm

Hi @bidrohini and @ESP_Piyush

Thanks for your comments. The link to the info I had already read but in it there are no specifics regarding prices, limitations, services etc.

I guess sending an email to sales will probably result in an answer but still is strange that such info is kept on a "per request basis".

Still, thanks.

firdoshnd

Postby firdoshnd » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:56 am

Am afraid esp rainmaker cannot be used for production purposes, very irresponsible of Espressif to put out a product with no information or support at all, Sending emails is a complete waste of time as one never gets a reply. So I urge developers to stick to the products that work and has good support.

ESP_Piyush

Postby ESP_Piyush » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:00 am

Hello, we try our best to answer as many queries as possible on GitHub, forums and emails. Once in a while there is a chance of some message getting missed. We hope that you do not generalise the one off experience :).

Meanwhile, let's follow up on your connectivity issue on the forum.