Paid subscription

ayman.dab

Paid subscription

Postby ayman.dab » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:55 am

Hello,
does Rainmaker give a free trial for one or two months and after that I will need to pay any subscription ?

I have project and I am working on 10 chips of ESP32,three of them after period between one and two months lost connection the application , and on serial monitor gives me this error and I do not know why:

E (31318) esp-tls-mbedtls: mbedtls_ssl_setup returned -0x7F00
E (31319) esp-tls: create_ssl_handle failed
E (31319) esp-tls: Failed to open new connection
E (31349) TRANSPORT_BASE: Failed to open a new connection
E (31412) MQTT_CLIENT: Error transport connect
E (31461) esp_mqtt_glue: MQTT_EVENT_ERROR

E (56615) MQTT_CLIENT: mqtt_message_receive: transport_read() error: errno=119
E (56615) esp_mqtt_glue: MQTT_EVENT_ERROR
E (56615) MQTT_CLIENT: esp_mqtt_connect: mqtt_message_receive() returned -1
E (56690) MQTT_CLIENT: MQTT connect failed

rsimpsonbusa

Re: Paid subscription

Postby rsimpsonbusa » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:09 pm

Hi.

It is more likely a comm error. Perhaps check Menuconfig settings, maybe something was changed inadvertently.

Most of us are in the same situation regarding paid subscription. Send a request for more devices to esp-rainmaker-admin@espressif.com. It does take some time.

Regarding if this is going to be forever and commit your future to this platform, better contact sales in espressif for that.

Regards.

ESP_Piyush

Re: Paid subscription

Postby ESP_Piyush » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:23 pm

We had recently added some logic to disable nodes sending large number of messages and had also sent emails about the same. Please send an email to esp-rainmaker-admin@espressif.com from your registered email address with a list of your affected node ids, so that we can check internally.

It can also simply be a network issue, and if so, may automatically get resolved.

Note that no subscription is required for small number of devices being used for some hobby, educational or evaluation purposes. We just expect that the devices don't send excessively high number of messages :)