Existing Imported Project Fails in Eclipse IDE

jjdeveloper

Existing Imported Project Fails in Eclipse IDE

Postby jjdeveloper » Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:50 pm

I installed a new version of Eclipse following the Get Started Docs.

I am able to import example esp projects and build them with no problem.

I have an old esp project that builds perfectly fine on another computer running an older version of Eclipse with older tool chain; but I couldn't get it to build on a newer version of Eclipse/ESP-IDF. To keep it simple, I wanted to get it to build on the command line first. I was using a newer tool chain v5.4, but because my project was built from v4.3, I had some migration issues to deal with. It took me quite a while modifying the code before I was able to build it with no errors on the command line, but I eventually did.

I imported this working project into eclipse, just like I did with an example project that builds perfectly fine. However, when I hit the build button, I get:

09:02:49 **** Incremental Build of configuration Default for project tempctrl ****
make all
packaging cannot be imported. If you've installed a custom Python then this package is provided separately and have to be installed as well. Please refer to the Get Started section of the ESP-IDF Programming Guide for setting up the required packages.
make: *** No rule to make target 'check_python_dependencies', needed by 'all'. Stop.
"make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

09:02:50 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 470ms)

I'm thinking it has something to do with something in the path of the project folder, but I haven't a clue. I'd like to be able to use Eclipse, but as of now, it only works at the command line. Any help would be much appreciated.