Espressif IDE keeps saying that a different IDF path was found when starting up

abellofiore

Espressif IDE keeps saying that a different IDF path was found when starting up

Postby abellofiore » Tue May 16, 2023 7:16 pm

This is incredibly frustrating.
Running v2.9.1 of IDE in Windows 10.

I was using IDF v4.4.
I installed IDF v5.0.2 and selected it using the menu item "Espressif->Download and Configure ESP-IDF".

I can successfully build my project in v5.0.2.
However, after closing and reopening the IDE I ALWAYS see the following pop-up which, whether I choose YES or NO, always reverts the build back to IDF v4.4. I then have to configure IDF v5.0.2 all over again to build.

How the heck do I get rid of this pop-up/issue? I don't see any references to IDF v4.4 after setting up IDF v5.0.2...
popup.JPG
popup.JPG (37.78 KiB) Viewed 2890 times

ESP_aliazamrana

Re: Espressif IDE keeps saying that a different IDF path was found when starting up

Postby ESP_aliazamrana » Fri May 19, 2023 9:14 am

Hi

Thank you for reporting the issue to us. We are working on a fix for this until then you can try to manually configure your esp_idf.json file which is located in the root of the IDE directory.

The file will contain the IDF path that is pointing to the old version 4.4 since you installed it via the installer. You can manually update that path to point to the new IDF directory or you can also rename/delete the file so that IDE doesn't try to look for configuration from the initial startup file (esp_idf.json).

Hope this resolves your issue.