Code is building with Admin privileges only

xpress_embedo

Code is building with Admin privileges only

Postby xpress_embedo » Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:26 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am using ESP-IDF Framework and Eclipse IDE from many days on Windows, and now due to some reasons I have to switched to Ubuntu.
Installed the Tools and Everything but it is not working.
I have some project built on Windows, so I tried to compiled them only, and the strange thing is that it's not working.
The following are the logs from Terminal.
xpress_embedo@hp:~/Work/ESP32/ESP-IDF/S3_VotingMachine$ idf.py --version
ESP-IDF v5.2.2
xpress_embedo@hp:~/Work/ESP32/ESP-IDF/S3_VotingMachine$ idf.py build
Executing action: all (aliases: build)
Running ninja in directory /home/xpress_embedo/Work/ESP32/ESP-IDF/S3_VotingMachine/build
Executing "ninja all"...
[0/1] Re-running CMake...CMake Error at /home/xpress_embedo/esp/esp-idf/tools/cmake/third_party/GetGitRevisionDescription.cmake:78 (configure_file):
Success
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/home/xpress_embedo/esp/esp-idf/tools/cmake/third_party/GetGitRevisionDescription.cmake:93 (get_git_head_revision)
/home/xpress_embedo/esp/esp-idf/tools/cmake/build.cmake:70 (git_describe)
/home/xpress_embedo/esp/esp-idf/tools/cmake/build.cmake:242 (__build_get_idf_git_revision)
/home/xpress_embedo/esp/esp-idf/tools/cmake/idf.cmake:52 (__build_init)
/home/xpress_embedo/esp/esp-idf/tools/cmake/project.cmake:29 (include)
CMakeLists.txt:5 (include)

CMake Error at /home/xpress_embedo/esp/esp-idf/tools/cmake/third_party/GetGitRevisionDescription.cmake:78 (configure_file):
Operation not permitted
/home/xpress_embedo/esp/esp-idf/tools/cmake/third_party/GetGitRevisionDescription.cmake:93 (get_git_head_revision)
/home/xpress_embedo/esp/esp-idf/tools/cmake/project.cmake:78 (git_describe)
/home/xpress_embedo/esp/esp-idf/tools/cmake/project.cmake:601 (__project_get_revision)
CMakeLists.txt:6 (project)

-- Could not use 'git describe' to determine PROJECT_VER.
-- Building ESP-IDF components for target esp32s3
Processing 4 dependencies:
[4/4] lvgl/lvgl (8.3.11)CMake Error at /home/xpress_embedo/esp/esp-idf/tools/cmake/kconfig.cmake:142 (configure_file):
Operation not permitted
/home/xpress_embedo/esp/esp-idf/tools/cmake/build.cmake:615 (__kconfig_generate_config)
/home/xpress_embedo/esp/esp-idf/tools/cmake/project.cmake:605 (idf_build_process)
CMakeLists.txt:6 (project)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/xpress_embedo/Work/ESP32/ESP-IDF/S3_VotingMachine/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
CMake Error: Unable to open check cache file for write. /home/xpress_embedo/Work/ESP32/ESP-IDF/S3_VotingMachine/build/CMakeFiles/cmake.check_cache
FAILED: build.ninja
/home/xpress_embedo/.espressif/tools/cmake/3.24.0/bin/cmake --regenerate-during-build -S/home/xpress_embedo/Work/ESP32/ESP-IDF/S3_VotingMachine -B/home/xpress_embedo/Work/ESP32/ESP-IDF/S3_VotingMachine/build
ninja: error: rebuilding 'build.ninja': subcommand failed
ninja failed with exit code 1, output of the command is in the /home/xpress_embedo/Work/ESP32/ESP-IDF/S3_VotingMachine/build/log/idf_py_stderr_output_7428 and /home/xpress_embedo/Work/ESP32/ESP-IDF/S3_VotingMachine/build/log/idf_py_stdout_output_7428
xpress_embedo@hp:~/Work/ESP32/ESP-IDF/S3_VotingMachine$
And when I tried to build the project EspressIf IDE, I have the following issue.

But when I run the EspressIf IDE with root privileges, it works fine.

It looks like some permission issue, but what exactly I am not able to understand.
The ESP-IDF is installed here, which is inside user folder.

Any suggestions, what could be the issue here?
Attachments
Screenshot from 2024-06-28 21-57-38.png
Screenshot from 2024-06-28 21-57-38.png (64.13 KiB) Viewed 2774 times
Screenshot from 2024-06-28 21-55-46.png
Screenshot from 2024-06-28 21-55-46.png (175.21 KiB) Viewed 2776 times
Screenshot from 2024-06-28 21-49-49.png
Screenshot from 2024-06-28 21-49-49.png (92.24 KiB) Viewed 2776 times