Eclipse IDE and IDF Terminal

andreko

Eclipse IDE and IDF Terminal

Postby andreko » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:25 am

Hi I am using the Eclipse IDE for Espressif and everything works fine so far. I use the predefined tools in the tool bar to build and download my application. So far so good. I now want to test the Secure Boot feature and according to the doc I need to execute some command line request using e.g. idf.py and other Python scripts. I found out that there is an IDF Terminal in Eclipse that might be used for that.
I can open such a terminal for my project and get also a prompt. If I enter something like:

idf.py build

nothing actually happens.

Can anyone give a hint how this can be done or what other way exists to perform the commands needed to follow the Secure Boot documentation. As mentioned above everything else seems to work in Eclipse so I assume the setup is not that bad.

Thanks in advance

andreko

Re: Eclipse IDE and IDF Terminal

Postby andreko » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:34 am

short update: I am running the IDE/IDF on WIndows

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:59 am

Hi andreko,

I couldn't test on Windows as of now, however I have verified on the macOS. This seems to be working fine.

Please follow these steps mentioned here https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... f-terminal

1. Select a project in the project explorer
2. Open ESP-IDF Terminal
3. Check the current working directory. It should be the project directory which you're trying to buid.
4. Run idf.py or other available commands.By default, terminal PATH is configured with the default commands.(In macOS, run `echo $PATH` to verify)

Please find the screenshot.
Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 1.21.51 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 1.21.51 PM.png (572 KiB) Viewed 6640 times
If you have any issues running idf.py commands, please share the eror you're having to check further.

andreko

Postby andreko » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:12 am

Hi and thanks for the reply,
even though I am confident that I did exactly what you were suggesting it seems to work now. Maybe something was stuck on my computer and it was healed by a restart.
Anyway thanks for your help. I will see if other problems pop up and maybe report that issue here.
So far so good.

lladam

Postby lladam » Thu May 09, 2024 5:28 pm

Hi,
I got same problem so continue here.
I did all thing above, and the 'idf.py build' can run in CMD window, but not recognized in VSCODE terminal window, need help please.
Thanks.