i need help getting my esp32 c3 0.42 lcd to read vol up and down from ir from remote and show numbers on display please

iamnoob

i need help getting my esp32 c3 0.42 lcd to read vol up and down from ir from remote and show numbers on display please

Postby iamnoob » Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:17 am

so i got this esp32 c3 https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/S9a67326dfe5 ... fe5774.jpg i tried to get help on reddit and chat gtp to make a code that could read vol up and down and show numbers on the display on the unit via the ir remote, people make it seem so simple. but no matter what i do i cant get it to work. it wont show anything on the display.
i am new and know absoulutly nothing, im so frustrated and im ready to throw the darn thing out.
i have the sensor and my pc find the esp. i just dont know what to do in arduino ide. can someone eli5 on this.?
thanks ahead

aliarifat794

Re: i need help getting my esp32 c3 0.42 lcd to read vol up and down from ir from remote and show numbers on display ple

Postby aliarifat794 » Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:30 pm

OK, what code have you written and what output have you received so far? As far as I can understand, you'll need to install the board in Arduino IDE first. Then you need to use the following libraries:
#include <IRremote.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <Adafruit_GFX.h>
#include <Adafruit_SSD1306.h>

iamnoob

Re: i need help getting my esp32 c3 0.42 lcd to read vol up and down from ir from remote and show numbers on display ple

Postby iamnoob » Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:09 pm

i followed this dude and installed same libs, plus i instaled the ones you mentioned. and i used the code from chatgtp ongpio 5 and i tried gpio 1 and no luck. if i set the board as esp32 c3 dev kit i can get the ir sensor blink. but the display isnt showing anything