ESP32 Wroom 32 Development Board: Accessing Internal Battery Voltage

marcelompc

ESP32 Wroom 32 Development Board: Accessing Internal Battery Voltage

Postby marcelompc » Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:38 pm

I recently purchased an ESP32 Wroom 32 development board that has integrated support for a 18650 battery. I am using the Arduino IDE to program the board and have been trying to read the internal battery voltage, but so far, I have been unsuccessful.

Given that the battery is integrated with the board, I expected to easily access information about the battery's voltage or status directly through code.

I consulted the board's documentation but could not find specific information on how to directly access the battery status through code.
Could you please confirm if it is possible to monitor the integrated battery voltage on this board? If so, what is the correct procedure to capture this information using the Arduino IDE? Additionally, is there a recommended library or specific method for accessing these details?

Can anyone help me?

ESP_Sprite

Re: ESP32 Wroom 32 Development Board: Accessing Internal Battery Voltage

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:09 am

We can't tell you unless you tell us (or link to) the exact specific board you're talking about. Aside from that, there's no guarantee that measuring the battery voltage is available: it takes a few more components and can cause some battery drain if implemented in the simplest way, so the maker may well have foregone that option.