mqtt_server.crt.S' not found, needed by target .. mqtt_server.crt

PeteDD

mqtt_server.crt.S' not found, needed by target .. mqtt_server.crt

Postby PeteDD » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:39 pm

Using

Code: Select all

- framework-arduinoespressif32 @ 3.0.0+sha.2b521e5
 - framework-espidf @ 3.50102.0 (5.1.2)
Not wanting to use ESP-Insight but I have yet to succeed at disabling it from the build.
sdkconfig:

# ESP Insights
#
# CONFIG_ESP_INSIGHTS_ENABLED is not set
CONFIG_ESP_INSIGHTS_TRANSPORT_MQTT=y
# CONFIG_ESP_INSIGHTS_TRANSPORT_HTTPS is not set
CONFIG_ESP_INSIGHTS_CLOUD_POST_MIN_INTERVAL_SEC=60
CONFIG_ESP_INSIGHTS_CLOUD_POST_MAX_INTERVAL_SEC=240
# end of ESP Insights
Getting the following error when building projects:

Compiling .pio\build\esp32-s3-devkitc-1\managed_components\espressif__esp_insights\src\esp_insights.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32-s3-devkitc-1\managed_components\espressif__esp_insights\src\esp_insights_transport.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32-s3-devkitc-1\managed_components\espressif__esp_insights\src\esp_insights_client_data.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32-s3-devkitc-1\managed_components\espressif__esp_insights\src\esp_insights_encoder.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32-s3-devkitc-1\managed_components\espressif__esp_insights\src\esp_insights_cbor_decoder.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32-s3-devkitc-1\managed_components\espressif__esp_insights\src\esp_insights_cbor_encoder.o
.pio\build\esp32-s3-devkitc-1\mqtt_server.crt.S' not found, needed by target `.pio\build\esp32-s3-devkitc-1\.pio\build\esp32-s3-devkitc-1\mqtt_server.crt.o'.
This is new behavior with the combination of frameworks above. I have tracked it down to the CMakeList.txt files for ESP-Insight and Rainmaker, two tools I neither use nor want but can't seem to turn off so that there is no attempt to compile the libraries. And, as you can see, this error emanates from the esp-insights code.

How to completely avoid any compilation of ESP-insights and Rainmaker code if not by turning it off in the sdkconfig is not doing the trick???