BLE Certification

kevivm

BLE Certification

Postby kevivm » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:11 am

We are planning to use ESP32-S3 for our product. Since it is Bluetooth SIG certified, do we need our product to be certified too? Or can we use the ESP certificates?

Franco

Re: BLE Certification

Postby Franco » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:19 am

Hello,. If you refer to the Bluetooth name and/or logo anywhere in your product or documentation, you must qualify your application. Since the Espressif modules are already qualified, you are in the case of qualification without testing, since in the process you can use the QDID of the module. This is described on the Bluetooth SIG website here: https://www.bluetooth.com/develop-with- ... d-testing/
Hope this helps.

vafxxxx

Postby vafxxxx » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:43 am

The given information/link just describes the Qualification Process of listing your own products.

One step further (Project Basis), there are needed two parts: a "Controller Subsystem" and a "Host Subsystem".
Where can you get the information of the "Host Subsystem" aka QDID which is refered to the used ESP-IDF? How can this be identified? Whit the ESP products (Controller Subsystem) you find only hardware information.

Franco

Postby Franco » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:31 pm

The QDID can be found on the Bluetooth certificate of the related module, I seem to recall.

Franco

Postby Franco » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:37 pm

I just made a random check and confirm that the information is included in the BQB certificate that you can find under on espressif. com then menu Support, Certificates

Norman Ballard

Postby Norman Ballard » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:31 am

We have recently investigated this and yes, you have to qualify your product even if it uses a qualified module "Product qualifications cannot be inherited from your supplier".

tony@shatalmic.com

BLE Certification

Postby tony@shatalmic.com » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:43 pm

I would like to be able to use the Bluetooth Logo.

The Bluetooth SiG has informed us that we need the esp32-wroom-32d QDID number.

The number we gave them they said was the Controller Subsystem QDID and that we also need a Host Subsystem QDID.

I have not been able to find a Host Subsystem QDID for the esp32-wroom-32d.

I did search the the website for both the Bluetooth SiG and Espressif and only found the Controller Subsystem QDID.

Can someone tell me the Host Subsystem QDID?