Assembler message: file not found

daniel.kjellstrom

Assembler message: file not found

Postby daniel.kjellstrom » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I am implementing a display interface and I need to include my images in the flash. For this task I am using the C library incbin.h which somehow adds the desired files (not a huge expert in assembler).

The thing is that when I call INCBIN(arrow_48_left, "arrow_48_left.bin") and I build the application, the compiler will through this message:

CC /Users/daniel/Documents/Projects/eclipse-workspace/MyProject/build/main/main.o
/var/folders/1j/s0m4mn7j7418z6v_085lzc0h0000gn/T//cc4hjQ96.s: Assembler messages:
/var/folders/1j/s0m4mn7j7418z6v_085lzc0h0000gn/T//cc4hjQ96.s:10: Error: file not found: arrow_48_left.bin
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make: *** [component-main-build] Error 2
"make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete

"arrow_48_left.bin" is in my main folder where my main.c function is.
I assume that it does not have anything to do with the library itself, it just doesn't find the file (that's why I'm posting here and not on the library's forum).
I'm using Eclipse and thought that maybe and include in "path and symbols" was missing so I tried to build it from the terminal but got the result.
I also tried to add the path under the Assembly tab in Path and Symbols but it didn't work either.

So my big question is, how do I make the assembler find the file? Do I have to include the path somewhere?

Thank you so much in advance!

WiFive

Re: Assembler message: file not found

Postby WiFive » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:02 pm

daniel.kjellstrom

Re: Assembler message: file not found

Postby daniel.kjellstrom » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:29 am

Hi WiFive,

I had no idea espressif had already implemented it. This solves my problem right away!
Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers